Civil disorder

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
Zephyr

Civil disorder

Post by Zephyr »

I can find no way to fix civil disorder in my cities after going either to government Republic or monarch. Normally, it is a city manager that can fix it. But I am unable to find how or where the city manager is located? Unless there is some other way to fix.
cazfi
Elite

Re: Civil disorder

Post by cazfi »

The only thing that the governor (which I assume you to mean by city manager) can adjust to avoid civil disorder is turning city workers to entertainers which is not necessarily very efficient way to fight unhappiness. If you run government, such as Democracy or Republic, that does not provide any happiness via martial law, it's unlikely that one can rely on entertainers alone.
1) Make sure you don't unnecessarily have military units outside your borders (or your cities, depending on 'happyborders' setting) where they cause unhappiness among your voters
2) Make sure you have sufficient happiness providing buildings in your cities (Temples, Cathedrals, Colosseums) and preferably also some happiness boosting wonders
3) Divert some of your trade to luxuries
4) Turn city workers to entertainers as needed if not setting city under governor control to have that part automated