The small colorful little person pattern

Can't beat the AI? Is it too tame? Discuss the best strategies!
mfans

The small colorful little person pattern

Post by mfans »

There are different color person patterns in the city info window, what do the litter color person patterns stand for, yellow for waht? green for? blue for? thanks
cazfi
Elite

Re: The small colorful little person pattern

Post by cazfi »

Background color indicates happiness level of the citizen.
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Green = Happy
Blue = Content (normal)
Yellow = Unhappy
Red = Angry (never actually seen this one ingame)
~ AVL
ifaesfu

Post by ifaesfu »

It's red/angry when there are some units outside the national borders under repubic/democracy
mfans

Post by mfans »

Thanks, hope to see the 2.5.0, the game is great.
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

2.5.0-beta1 is already more fun than 2.4.3. But if you are on Windows do not disable Autosave, you'll need it when the client crashes. You can clean up unused old auto-save files manually. With Autosave you can also undo stupid errors (clicked something you didn't want to click), just leave the game and start at the last auto-saved turn again. But don't cheat, there is no "undo" against human players ;)
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

dunnoob wrote:2.5.0-beta1 is already more fun than 2.4.3. But if you are on Windows do not disable Autosave, you'll need it when the client crashes.
That's why I recommend running server separately despite the client's ability to spawn one internally - if the client crashes, the game/server won't be affected.
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

cazfi wrote:if the client crashes, the game/server won't be affected.
Yes, I have a vague (1995) idea, what you're talking about for POSIX platforms, or anything else that isn't Windows.

From my POV as single player on Windows the server is (and for some years always was) rock solid; not confused by a crashing client, no matter how it was started.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Are you saing that in Windows server spawned by the client (child of client) is not shut down when client (the parent) closes, crashing or otherwise?

As for server's stability; I have almost constantly automatic all-AI games running, so my computer alone stress tests any new server releases thousands of hours. Client gets significantly less such automatic stress testing, and the coverage in those tests that run is very poor (not clicking around, but just following the game as observer).