Did not find a cm solution in 25000 iterations for ...

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
ILoveLilyAllen

Did not find a cm solution in 25000 iterations for ...

Post by ILoveLilyAllen »

Friday's greetings Freeciveers

Do I need to do anything if I get a message "Did not find a cm solution in 25000 iterations for ..." for a city? This occurred in the messages after ending a turn - I've kept a copy of the save file taken immediately before pressing end-of-turn just in case anyone wants to look at it.
ILoveLilyAllen

Re: Did not find a cm solution in 25000 iterations for ...

Post by ILoveLilyAllen »

ILoveLilyAllen wrote:Friday's greetings Freeciveers

Do I need to do anything if I get a message "Did not find a cm solution in 25000 iterations for ..." for a city? This occurred in the messages after ending a turn - I've kept a copy of the save file taken immediately before pressing end-of-turn just in case anyone wants to look at it.
[edit]I've restarted a couple of times after that and now keep getting the message "last message repeated 2 times" - there's no duplicate message though[/edit]
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

It's a quite normal assertion failure when playing with rulesets were a large city radius is possible (experimental).
ILoveLilyAllen

Post by ILoveLilyAllen »

Thank you :)

As far as I know I play with the standard city radius size, which is the same one I remember from the dim and distant past playing Civ II

The maximum city size I am talking about is:

_XXX_
XXXXX
XXOXX
XXXXX
_XXX_

*hoping that makes sense*