City rectangle

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
ILoveLilyAllen

City rectangle

Post by ILoveLilyAllen »

I searched the wiki a bit to try to find what a green rectangle around a city might indicate, but failed :(

Does anyone know why it is there?

<edit>I've discovered the probable cause now: I configured Pollution events to be reported in the "Chat" tab and when they appear the city name is in green, underlined (hyperlink) which you can click to centre on that city: there were two reported this game turn and both cities have the green rectangle. Sorry to have troubled you :)</edit>
Attachments
City rectangle.jpg
City rectangle.jpg (38.38 KiB) Viewed 4514 times
pepeto

Re: City rectangle

Post by pepeto »

ILoveLilyAllen wrote:I searched the wiki a bit to try to find what a green rectangle around a city might indicate, but failed :(

Does anyone know why it is there?

<edit>I've discovered the probable cause now: I configured Pollution events to be reported in the "Chat" tab and when they appear the city name is in green, underlined (hyperlink) which you can click to centre on that city: there were two reported this game turn and both cities have the green rectangle. Sorry to have troubled you :)</edit>
Yes, this is a city link you can click on the chat window. Tile links appear in red, and unit links in cyan. You can also put links yourself in the chatline with ctrl+alt+mouse right click for a tile or a city; ctrl+alt+shift+mouse right click for a unit.
ILoveLilyAllen

Re: City rectangle

Post by ILoveLilyAllen »

Oooh! That sounds exciting. I quite often need to mark tiles to remind me "how far I've got" - currently I use an easy-to-spot unit such as a Legion.

Unfortunately the chat window clears when you log out and back in, so I guess it wouldn't replace the man with the shield.