Re: Art required for freeciv proper(forts feedback)

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

This is what I've come up with so far. Are any, or even all of them something that you would want included? (Note that this isn't directly usable outside a6b)
1) 'airfield' 50% transparent, brownish single runway. Represents a simple packed-ground airstrip.
2) 'airstrip' concrete single runway.
3) (default airbase)
4) default airbase with an adjacent building
5) extremely low-walled fortress. represents a short wall of sandbags or wood to provide some basic defense
6) default fortress without a tower
7) (default fortress combines previous bg with next fg)
8) 2 tower fortress with 1 tower in front like default, along with another in the back
9) 4 tower fortress with 3 towers in front and one in behind, covering all 4 corners.
10) 'trench' (at the bottom right) a simple, but large trench, mostly with 50% transparency with some darker part toward the outside.
forts.png
Open to suggestions :)
bard
Veteran

Post by bard »

Nice ones, I'll try to test them in game.
bard
Veteran

Post by bard »

I'm liking most of them in game. My impressions after some tests (by manually pasting them to amplio2):

- I'm liking how the short wall looks in all terrains (5).
- When I test walls with towers both in front and back (8), it looks odd, I do not like it.
- I like the standard wall with no towers (6), the default one with 1 tower (7), and the 3 towers in front with no tower at back (9).

- The dirt airbase (1) looks good over plain terrains, but it looks weird over hills/moutains or rivers/forests.
- The airbases with one single runway (2) looks to me out of place in most terrains. I think the crossed runaway is needed to get a good visual effect on rough terrains.
- I'm liking a lot the airbase with tower (4), and it fits perfect inside a fortress with 3 towers (9).

In total there are 2 airbases and 4 fortress levels that I find ready to be used. I vote to use them for civ2civ3 ruleset.
Thank you GriffonSpade.
Attachments
bases.jpg