Longturn

Planning and discussing Freeciv Longturn gaming
Arbogast
Elite

Re: Longturn

Post by Arbogast »

Gentlemen, attention!
I think the main issue here is getting the Files from Davide.
What if I buy them? What can I do with them?
Forget Davide's ethical attitude. Forget where those files should be stored. (here, of course)
What does the donations have anything to do with this?
I'm willing to donate, but does that help anything?

I have been here for a year or so, and I noticed that membership has grown 100%, These guys are doing something right...
But with the Civland's files this site could get a good boost.

So, 'let's give everybody else hell'

BTW, The LT and GT files could go somewhere else like a NEW LT/GT site, but everything else would fit here very nicely.
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

Go for it, Arbo ! You certainly have my support. :)
=======
Nimmy
=======
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

hey nimrod,
Want to buy some hot files? What can you do with them? Can they stored here fer inztance?
I'm willing to put up Davide's price, but I can't 'house' them in my machine. So what do you suggest?
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Arbogast wrote:hey nimrod,
Want to buy some hot files? What can you do with them? Can they stored here fer inztance?
I'm willing to put up Davide's price, but I can't 'house' them in my machine. So what do you suggest?
I would suggest that if you buy the files, then you put them on github.com with an open source license afterwards.
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

I'm not sure about the Gitsub, Like I said LT and GT should be in and separate site, But the rest of it should be here.
Hey!
i am willing to buy Davide"s files as it is a big investemt for me, but ain't it woth it?
I Would really to see all those files -Civland's- here.
Xcuse my english
monamipierrot

Post by monamipierrot »

Arbogast wrote:I'm not sure about the Gitsub, Like I said LT and GT should be in and separate site, But the rest of it should be here.
Hey!
i am willing to buy Davide"s files as it is a big investemt for me, but ain't it woth it?
I Would really to see all those files -Civland's- here.
Xcuse my english
I hate to destroy your hopes, but some days ago I saw in civland.org a static page with a warning by Davide in which he stated he would delete all files if nobody showed up in a few days. Now the greatturn.org and civland.org are dead.
It costs me to think that Davide deleted his 3 years work just to "make space" and sell hardware.
I have his email address, though, if you want to write him. He did not reply me to a message a couple of weeks ago.
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

This is getting ridicoulouus, what?
Let's get those files and decide later who gets what where.
Why Cazfi, JTN and all haven't manifested themselves?
Listen, my ONLY interest is getting the Civland's files somewhere.
The hell with Davide's blackmail. Let's pay, he ain't getting rich from it and we could richer from all those files.
The LT and GT files can go somewhere else. A dedicated site would be nice.
FREECIV.ORG can win from this. (and then declare DAVIDE a foe)
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Arbogast wrote:Listen, my ONLY interest is getting the Civland's files somewhere.
Then having transitional project just for them, in github or some other place, shouldn't be a problem? Make the files available, and we can figure out where each part should finally go. (Yeah, it's sad if Davide decide to delete the files instead of uploading them to some public project hosting himself)
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

Well, I tried connecting to 'greatturn.org' and nothing shows except 'Connecting...' for a very long time and nothing...
Did Davide kill the site and deleted the files? Bummer!

What do I/we do now?
monamipierrot

Post by monamipierrot »

Really weird. On June, 28th, Davide was still bothering sending reminders for the start of GT12. I can't recall any warn, nor anything that could have triggered the decision. AFAIK, everybody was happy with him, and thankful too.