Qt feature request

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
mir3x
Veteran

Re: Qt feature request: Lock Interface button

Post by mir3x »

I think I'll style menu and menubar bc they need to be dark with those icons.
I'll try something like that.
Attachments
t24.png
mir3x
Veteran

Post by mir3x »

U can admire new awesome city dialog.
Missing buttons are not missing, they were moved to popup menus.
there are 3 splitters to hide or resize any part of city dialog.
Attachments
t26.png
t25.png
louis94
Hardened

Post by louis94 »

Hello,
mir3x wrote:U can admire new awesome city dialog.
Everything on one page is better. I fear beginners will have trouble understanding what some areas are about -- eg the Presets list isn't linked visually with the Governor settings area. There is also a lot of wasted space around the city map, and I don't understand how to switch between the two screenshots (is it the small arrow below the close button ?).
mir3x
Veteran

Post by mir3x »

>>There is also a lot of wasted space around the city map
City results could be put there, but what it would increase height, and what to put on results place ?

>> and I don't understand how to switch between the two screenshots (is it the small arrow below the close button ?).
Yeah, u see - easy to guess :D
Happiness is not important so no one will want to to switch often.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

mir3x wrote:U can admire new awesome city dialog.
Looks shiny! I take it the resizers are between left and right, and then top-left and bottom-left? If so, I think that would take care of any possible issues based on variable city work area sizes and tile sizes.

Have you tested it with other tilesets, like Hexemplio and such, to make sure there are no display issues with different improvement or unit sizes?
mir3x
Veteran

Post by mir3x »

Ok thats probably final version on different themes, and splitters set to hide some views.
Position, size and splitters are saved between restarts so hiding any splitter is no problem.
Progress bar is animated and should look the same on windows.
Mb later I'll add buttons to zoom out city map - useful for big radius ( and big hex tileset).

Default view is last image.
Attachments
Screenshot_20161005_213841.png
Screenshot_20161005_212825.png
Screenshot_20161005_212626.png
Screenshot_20161005_212534.png
bard
Veteran

Post by bard »

mir3x wrote:Ok thats probably final version on different themes, and splitters set to hide some views.
Position, size and splitters are saved between restarts so hiding any splitter is no problem.
Good job! qt it is becoming my favourite client to play freeciv.

Things that I liked the most:
- Customizable UI windows, sizes and positions.
- Zoom in and out the board.
- Help docs with icons, gfxs, and "strength" bars.
- Advanced options to select cities, and multiplayer orders.

Some requests, or glitches I found while testing v2.6 beta (rev 35697):
1) City Governor -> The first double click on a predefined governor selects it, but it's not shown in the city view. I have to double click again to see the result.

Also, when you change a value of the city governor by left clicking in the selection bar, the value increases (or decreases) by 10. It'd be easier to reach the desired value if it changed 1 by 1.

2) Tax rates -> When I change the tax rates, the estimated income (showed in the economy button) is not updated until I close the tax rates window.
In gtk client it is possible to see how the income changes whenever you change the taxes by clicking them directly (without the need to open and close a new window).

3) When you use goto order, the right click centers the view, but when you use drag and drop with the mouse (that gets the same goto order), the right button does nothing. It'd help if the right button centers the view too, or at least cancels the order in this case.

4) City Window -> The drop down menu to select the production hides the buildings already in the city or in the production queue.
It also happens in gtk, but there, there is an alternative tab where you can see all buildings and it easier to reorganize them.

I also miss a way to see in this view the tech that obsoletes each wonder. I like how the help is shown when you hold the cursor, but this info about obsolescence is missing there.

5) City Window -> Production queue -> I think it could be more intuitive if the "buy" option was placed above the progress bar, so the icon of the current production would be attached to the progress bar.

6) Chat window -> I like it is possible to maximize with Enter and to minimize with Esc, but I miss a way to do the same with the mouse, maybe by double clicking, or an option in the context menu that appears with right click.

7) Nations window -> Compared to gtk, I only missed a way to toggle AI and change AI difficulty.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Re: Qt feature request

Post by GriffonSpade »

Changed the thread name to just 'Qt feature request'. A few things that came up while playtesting 2.6 QT client.

-QT Feature Request: 'No Action' command for unit. Similar to the 'wait' command, but removes it from automatic highlighting of active units with moves remaining. (Similar to Fortify or Sentry, only it is removed at the end of the turn, doing nothing)

-QT UI Request: In the city dialog, move the 'add/move/remove production' bar to above the actual worklist (Rather than below), just below the 'buy production' button. It's annoying having to scroll down to it. (Ironically, this seems to cause issue whether you have it above or below, if the last post is any indicator :P)

-QT Feature Request: In addition to 'zoom out' and 'zoom in', there should probably be a 'default zoom' button to return back to 100% quickly.

-QT Issue: Zoom seems to have offsets misaligned on the 'corner style' isohex tilesets, such as ocean tiles, at least for Hexemplio. (Nothing was noticable in Isophex)
mir3x
Veteran

Post by mir3x »

QT Feature Request: 'No Action' command for unit. Similar to the 'wait' command, but removes it from automatic highlighting of active units with moves remaining. (Similar to Fortify or Sentry, only it is removed at the end of the turn, doing nothing)
But how its different from 'space' - Done icon ?

I'll do rest, but not sure if I find that offset thing, but I'll try :D

BTW. do you think sentry icon should be reworked ? IMO its worst icon from all.
Also I think to add keeping original zoom in memory so city view would look normal, and restoring to original would be fast.

Also do you think should I add 'buildings already built' to production chooser? Just small height (eg 1.5 * height of default font) with scroll ( if they wont fit all ) ?
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

mir3x wrote:
QT Feature Request: 'No Action' command for unit. Similar to the 'wait' command, but removes it from automatic highlighting of active units with moves remaining. (Similar to Fortify or Sentry, only it is removed at the end of the turn, doing nothing)
But how its different from 'space' - Done icon ?

I'll do rest, but not sure if I find that offset thing, but I'll try :D

BTW. do you think sentry icon should be reworked ? IMO its worst icon from all.
Ahem, it would be identical to 'space' hotkey, but not hiding from me in the Select menu. :ugeek:

(Was looking in Unit and Work menus...)

So disregard that!

But yeah, the offset looks like it will be challenging to correct...

As for the sentry command, it looks well enough to me. It's a simple letter icon, so it's serviceable. And, well, it's kinda hard to abstract sitting around until something shows up into an icon. :P

Though, I guess I should ask which tileset you meant? Might not be the case for all tilesets.