(Solved!) How on earth do I change the language?

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
DonnyZ

(Solved!) How on earth do I change the language?

Post by DonnyZ »

EDIT - SOLUTION: Go to InstallDirectoryWherever\Freeciv\share\locale, shift-select all languages other than en_GB, then hold shift, press delete. Enjoy. I sure did.
EDIT 2 - BETTER SOLUTION: In the start menu, search for Freeciv, when you find it, right click - open file location. You should now be in the start subfolder containing the shortcut to the game. Right click it, properties, in the target box make sure it's:

Code: Select all

C:\WhereverYouInstalledIt\Freeciv\freeciv-something.cmd en_US

En_US forces it on english. Then hold ctrl, drag the shortcut to desktop (this will copy it), and you're done!
[/b]

Original post:
Why make it so the game AUTOMATICALLY PICKS YOUR REGION LANGUAGE?!?!? I picked english when installing. Some guides I found online said I should modify the shortcut from something about "auto" to the language I want (then english can be en, en-us...) but the installer didn't even put a shortcut on my desktop.

Please, for the love of God, how do I set freeciv to english? :o

Oh and NOPE, no Language option in Settings, ofc I wouldn't be here otherwise.

Oh and my system language is also, guessed it! ENGLISH. (proof in one of the attachments)
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-05 224008.png
Screenshot 2024-03-05 224008.png (11.18 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
Screenshot 2024-03-05 223432.png
Screenshot 2024-03-05 223432.png (489.76 KiB) Viewed 1056 times