Savannah Terrain

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
omero

Savannah Terrain

Post by omero »

Greetings!
Noticed that Savannah terrain was missing (as of v2.6), thus I made the necessary sprite suited for hexemplio tileset (easily adaptable to amplio2).

The template is composed of two rows: the already scaled and ready-to-use (top row) and a 'scalable' row that could be resized to one's liking without incurring in (too much) artefacts/loss of definition. In any case. I do have all of the "production" stages available upon request if one needs them.

I've included a template spec file that can be adapted to be included from other rulesets.

Of course, some alterations will have to be done in other places but the steps are well documented in the usual places.
Attachments
savannah.spec
(2.85 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
savannah.png
savannah.png (83.91 KiB) Viewed 16009 times
cazfi
Elite

Re: Savannah Terrain

Post by cazfi »

cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

You didn't provide base sprite, but I guess Plains base sprite can be used for this?
omero

Post by omero »

Yes, Savannah is essentially growing on Plains... My bad for such an omission. How can i remedy?
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

omero wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:56 pm Yes, Savannah is essentially growing on Plains... My bad for such an omission. How can i remedy?
This was already merged*. I simply gave the plains base type an additional tag for it to act also as savannah base tile.

*) Freeciv-3.1 hexemplio, toonhex, and alio tilesets have this for the benefit of custom rulesets. Freeciv-3.2 alien ruleset is about to use it ( osdn #48827 )
omero

Post by omero »

Ah, thank you for the heads-up. I'm still running the v2.6.9 (soon v2.6.10) and had a critical crash of my main system, thus I've to catch-up on the later releases. Almost risked loosing months of work on my custom ruleset :|
All seems good now.