Collection of Scenarios

Can you help improve your favourite game? Hardcore C mages, talented artists, and players with any level of experience are welcome!
Molo_Parko
Hardened

Re: Collection of Scenarios

Post by Molo_Parko »

Updated for Fc3: Raiders Pass 43x43=2k, 99% land, Classic, Flat, Lua, v1.1.sav
... is attached to this post.

Doh! Make that v1.2... Changed barbTribe to _G.barbTribe for all uses. I assumed that I couldn't just add barbTribe=find.player(1) to the global vars section (vars=$$) since it can't find player1 before player1 exists? Although maybe just declaring barbTribe in global vars would work, then barbTribe=find.player(1) would work later in the process.
Attachments
Raiders Pass 43x43=2k, 99% land, Classic, Flat, Lua, v1.2.sav.zip
(10.62 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

What's the licensing of these scenarios? I would put them (at least others than Raiders Pass that has those problems) to default modpack list, but need license declaration (e.g. "GPLv2+" to match freeciv's own license).
Molo_Parko
Hardened

Post by Molo_Parko »

Updated version (1.2) of Raiders Pass is posted / attached in prior post.

License "GPLv2+" is fine, or "public domain" is my usual position on anything I create.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

cazfi wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:20 pm What's the licensing of these scenarios? I would put them (at least others than Raiders Pass that has those problems) to default modpack list, but need license declaration (e.g. "GPLv2+" to match freeciv's own license).
Those six scenarios are now available via Modpack Installer on freeciv-3.0, and later.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Molo_Parko wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:33 pm Thank you for the feedback! Does Lua in Fc3 -know- that the error is generated? Could I add something like "if error then use the v3 command instead"? That wouldn't stop the error though, but would make the script better prepared for the death of the old usage in some future version of Freeciv. Or if Lua can detect the Fc major version #... then use the newer form.

Ah, use fc_version to detect 2 vs 3.
Just a note that for compatibility considerations you would want two parts of the version. a.b and a.c are incompatible, while a.b.c and a.b.d are compatible (same version, just a different bug fix release)