MpII Dragoon non-web version

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
Eusebio Ptolomeu

MpII Dragoon non-web version

Post by Eusebio Ptolomeu »

Is it possible to play Freeciv using the Multiplayer II Dragoon ruleset ( https://freeciv.fandom.com/wiki/Multipl ... ame_Manual ) in my local computer, as if in a non-web game? I know this game can be played on freeciv-web, but I would like to give it a try and maybe personalize some parameters, just to explore the ruleset itself. Also, for some reason, I can't add more than 9 players in the Freeciv-web singleplayer mode, so I thought I could try this on the downloadable app version of the game. Or is MpII limited to freeciv-web only?
cazfi
Elite

Re: MpII Dragoon non-web version

Post by cazfi »

AFAIK it won't work even with freeciv.org's freeciv-web, but it's one of the rulesets of a specific fork (though they push the documentation to our wiki)
Eusebio Ptolomeu

Re: MpII Dragoon non-web version

Post by Eusebio Ptolomeu »

Yes, I just took a deeper look into it and apparently is web-based only. Kind of a shame, given that it has a lot of interesting features I would like to play around. Do you know if there is some ruleset with similar features for the non-web version? Or if there is another forum more dedicated to the MpII fork where I can gather more information?