Freeciv 2.6.8 (SDL2 client) font size ingame is too small for me to read what i need to read

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
cazfi
Elite

Re: Freeciv 2.6.8 (SDL2 client) font size ingame is too small for me to read what i need to read

Post by cazfi »

cazfi wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:29 am#47681 is an internal detail how theme defined font size is used
#47703 is about theme defined font size being ignored. Once this is fixed, one can adjust font size at least by modifying the theme
These two have been resolved, and I've made a new Windows (msys2) snapshot build of freeciv-2.6 development.

See thread about those: viewtopic.php?p=107694#p107694

This initial support to use font size from the theme is very crude, but I just tested that it is functional in this build. Text file data\themes\gui-sdl2\human\human\theme\theme.themspec under Freeciv sdl2-client installation directory has line "default_font_size = 10" which one can adjus. Next time you launch the client, it will use that font size for many things, but not everything (basically, anything that had size different from 10 to begin with, is not controlled by this)

Also, Windows makes this a bit hard:
1) On default installation location administrator rights are required to modify/rename/copy files
2) File must be text only, no formatting of any kind (notepad and wordpad should be able to do the job)
3) Windows tries very hard to add suffix ".txt", and does not even show that it had been added
cazfi
Elite

Re: Freeciv 2.6.8 (SDL2 client) font size ingame is too small for me to read what i need to read

Post by cazfi »

cazfi wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:46 amThese two have been resolved, and I've made a new Windows (msys2) snapshot build of freeciv-2.6 development.
Rushing this to 2.6.9 seems to have backfired. There's rather nasty issue with it: osdn #48037
Fix is in the pipeline already, but a new freeciv-2.6 release isn't likely to be coming soon (even with this regression in 2.6.9, it's more urgent get releases from other branches & then there's the summer vacation period). I'll try to do at least snapshot build with the fix when there's a free timeslot.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

cazfi wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 6:09 pm Fix is in the pipeline already, but a new freeciv-2.6 release isn't likely to be coming soon (even with this regression in 2.6.9, it's more urgent get releases from other branches & then there's the summer vacation period). I'll try to do at least snapshot build with the fix when there's a free timeslot.
New snapshot. See viewtopic.php?p=108087#p108087
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Making changing font size a bit easier than by modifying the theme files: osdn #48305