trade routes in the GTK3 client

Smallpox vs. largepox, gen2 vs gen5, early war vs. peaceful alliances. Which is your favourite gaming style?
3plus4i
Veteran

Re: trade routes in the GTK3 client

Post by 3plus4i »

nef wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:13 pm There is also a configurable column in the city report (Display -> Number (and total value) of trade routes.) But the citydlg gives the extra detail.
Where is that setting? I could not find it in the client settings. I only know the map overlay, that shows trade route number on the city label.
nef
Elite

Post by nef »

You will know. The city report is shown when you select the City tab: (menu) -> Civilization->Cities (F4).

As it happens the columns you add (or subtract) are recorded in the client save file. You can also change the position using drag and drop but this is NOT saved (but it should be.)
omero

Post by omero »

cazfi wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:47 am Another "well hidden" feature are the Battle Groups.
I remember playing (a long time ago) with an old version of freeciv (possibly pre-2.2) where you could stack units and assign them a quick selection number. The stack could then be moved around and all units moving at the speed of the one having the least movement point...
Tried to remember how that was done but alas...
Salicwrase

Post by Salicwrase »

Is there a particular strategy or coordination mechanism for units within a defined "battle group," or is it primarily a tool for applying the same command to individual units within the group?
:)