autosaves setting question

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Dino the Dinosore
Hardened

Re: autosaves setting question

Post by Dino the Dinosore »

Also found that other things in [settings] in game.ruleset sometimes don't take effect when starting a new game, the values that were previously in effect remain. Possibly related, hopefully this will all get fixed with the new tickets.
nef
Elite

Post by nef »

Can you give some examples?
Dino the Dinosore
Hardened

Post by Dino the Dinosore »

I noticed it happening with "aifill" and "animals", didn't test others.
nef
Elite

Post by nef »

I have not noticed any issues with aifill but it is a special case being on the first page after 'Start New Game" (i.e. NOT in the server options dialog). Changing the option on that page automatically does an 'apply'. As for save I will check.

I will try animals during the week. The reason I asked is because I had already noticed that there are some options the client DOES NOT save to the [server] section. aifill is saved but you might take a look at any others.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

cazfi wrote:
cazfi wrote:I opened a new one now: https://osdn.net/projects/freeciv/ticket/43747
I have a mostly working patch for that one, but it's of limited use as other bugs in the area interfere, e.g., https://osdn.net/projects/freeciv/ticket/43748
The interaction between those bugs is in fact so that #43747 reduces bad effects of #43748. Fixing #43747 while there's still no solution for #43748 would make overall situation only worse, it now seems.
nef
Elite

Post by nef »

nef wrote:I will try animals during the week.
Does not appear to have a problem. Maybe it got tangled up with other problems.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Things are never good. Now that the bug was fixed in 3.0.6, there's a complaint that the user preferences get used, instead of what ruleset author designed the ruleset for.