new FreeCiv mod development - NExtended

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
ngunjaca
Veteran

Re: new FreeCiv mod development - NExtended

Post by ngunjaca »

The current Tech Tree (buildings from ancient era are still missing) for the nextended mod.
You can see that there is a gap in the middle of the tree. The techs there need to be connected differently which is something I will work on during next days.
TechTree nextended.jpg
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Uh... Just wondering, why do you need Polytheism for Code of Laws? Doesn't sound logical to me :|
~ AVL
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

Caedo wrote:
ngunjaca wrote:I would also like to see an option to limit the unit number per tile which again is defined in a "size" so we can for instance have one tile with five small land units or 2 big and one small land unit or whatever other combo. Cities would have more "capacity". Id like to hear some other opinions on this.
Yeah, would be a nice idea. Unit classes have a size attribute, terrain types have a capacity attribute, and through effects, the capacity could be increased. That would be my idea. In the default ruleset, all unit classes should probably have a size of 0 though.
These ideas seem pretty awesome. Would prevent stacking armies all in one place, while also potentially allowing special units, like catapults or archers to fit onto a tile that has a legion on it already.
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

Caedo wrote:Uh... Just wondering, why do you need Polytheism for Code of Laws? Doesn't sound logical to me :|
It is still work in progress, the middle part of the tech tree is still confusing and i am not satisfied how it looks. There will probably be some changes, but sometimes i will just use chronological or forceful relations between techs instead logical relations, simply to force the AI to research some techs he otherwise would not. I often encounter in a freeciv game that the AI researches gunpowder whereas he did not research polytheism or mysticism, i would like to avoid that. Someone will not like that approach but this is the way I would like to develop the mod.
ipilowe

Post by ipilowe »

When I saw this technology tree, I looked like ---> :o This is very nice idea and I'm in love with this mod. I haven't ever wanted to go too long in technology. :lol: Keep up going goood work!
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

Been having lots of duties at work, so development of the mod is delayed.
I am currently making the buildings gfx, and i decided to go with 3d models which again takes some more time. Here is some work in progress with the stables:
I decided to add borders to building GFX similar to wonders GFX. The buildings will have a blueish border while the wonders border will stay the same as in original FreeCiv.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

ngunjaca wrote: Now this cannot be done through the Move_Bonus as it accepts only integer numbers (as far as i tested it). So my idea is that i have a Workers class defined in the units.ruleset and an effect which will give workers class veteran status, which in the end gives 1/3 of the move points to them and consequently enables them to perform their work slightly faster.
You don't need entire unit class (with all the hassle to give it all the correct effects) for this reason (you may otherwise). Veteran systems are defined in unit type resolution, and you can use unit type requirement instead of unit class requirement for the effect - though you then need to give such an effect separately to every worker kind unit type.
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

cazfi wrote:You don't need entire unit class (with all the hassle to give it all the correct effects) for this reason (you may otherwise). Veteran systems are defined in unit type resolution, and you can use unit type requirement instead of unit class requirement for the effect - though you then need to give such an effect separately to every worker kind unit type.
thnx cazfi, i will look into it,
currently i am struggling to find any spare time for making the building gfx (i have some crazy workload on my job until spring so i do not expect to have any mod updates until then).
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

Here are the graphics done for the ancient period of the nextended mod. They are now officially released under GPL2+ license so anyone else can use them. Credits for each graphic are listed in the ancient.spec file which is attached to this post (it is the .zipped file).
Attachments
GFX
GFX
ancientunits.zip
spec file with credits
(800 Bytes) Downloaded 322 times
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

Here is a building GFX for the Public Bath building: