SlowScience ruleset ideas and plans

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
3plus4i
Veteran

Re: SlowScience ruleset ideas and plans

Post by 3plus4i »

cazfi wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:59 pm Can you reduce "City_Unhappy_Size", and then give a positive "Make_Content" effect when ever there is no pollution?
I tried it with City_Unhappy_Size, but it doesn't work, because it is applied in the first step, while Make_Content only comes in the third, so it just absorbs the luxury effect. Make_Content for tiles without pollution also causes issues with cities on the edge of a map, since the missing tiles would always cause unhappiness.
omero

Post by omero »

3plus4i wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:37 pm The tech tree is actually pretty much settled at this point
[omissis]
I created this image with Graphviz, this is the source file for it: freecivSlowTechTechtree.dot.7z
The techs marked in green are the ones I added.
Hello! Very much interesting stuff. Thank you for sharing it!

A quick note about the .dot file (for those that aren't familiar with that): changing rankdir=BT -> rankdir=LR may give a more "traditional" layout (left-right orientation, instead of bottom-top)

Cheers o7
3plus4i
Veteran

Post by 3plus4i »

omero wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:20 pm A quick note about the .dot file (for those that aren't familiar with that): changing rankdir=BT -> rankdir=LR may give a more "traditional" layout (left-right orientation, instead of bottom-top)
Yeah, I chose top-down because it suited my purposes more, you get an easier overview about the structure and the whole thing.

I haven't worked on this in months, since motivation dwindled (I got a working prototype good enough for playing the game I wanted) and I kept hitting limitations and obstacles. Like the way I wanted pollution to work just isn't possible currently and there was no suitable alternative, can't even remember all the others. A lot of things seem to be hardcoded. But I'd like to publish what I got nonetheless, as inspiration and maybe it's worthwhile even in it's current state. Have to figure it out first though.