Where the options file is saved

It's 5am again and you are still sitting in front of your computer and chatting with some tv's while watching a bloody duel? Welcome friend :)
Phidippides

Where the options file is saved

Post by Phidippides »

I started a new game after I filled my options file. Of course I saved this options file.
Now, I don't know how to load my saved options file in order to change some option before starting a new game.
cazfi
Elite

Re: Where the options file is saved

Post by cazfi »

Which options you refer to? Client or server settings?

Client always loads its options when it's started (it's something like "~/.freeciv/freeciv-client-rc-<FREECIV VERSION>")

Server settings (file named "<MYNAME>.serv") can be read by the server commandline option "-r <PATH>/<MYNAME>.serv", or by server /read -command
> help read
Command: read - Process server commands from file.
Synopsis: read <file-name>
Level: ctrl
For the latter, it needs to be somewhere in the freeciv data path. e.g. "~/.freeciv/<DATASUBDIR>/<MYNAME>.serv", where <DATASUBDIR> is typically freeciv version number (development versions -> versions not compatible with the stable version, are an exception)
PiroKek

Re: Where the options file is saved

Post by PiroKek »

For the client settings, have you checked the directory "~/.freeciv/" for the file named "freeciv-client-rc-<FREECIV VERSION>" to load your saved options file?
:)