Return to previous location, just stay there

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Jim-11

Return to previous location, just stay there

Post by Jim-11 »

My number one request is for the antidote to this Freeciv addiction! :D

Assuming I cannot be cured, I would like to have a button I can click to return me to the previous location. I frequently want to see something where I was (the results of a battle, for example), but Freeciv abruptly moves the scene to the next unit and it can be difficult to find my way back to where I was before.

Alternatively, I would be happy if the scene did not advance to the next unit at all. Then I can see what I want to see where I was, and enter "c" to go to the next unit when I am ready to do that. I realize that other players could have different preferences, so how about an option the user can select to either auto advance to the next unit (the way it is now), or to stay at the current location? Thanks!
ifaesfu

Re: Return to previous location, just stay there

Post by ifaesfu »

Jim-11 wrote: so how about an option the user can select to either auto advance to the next unit (the way it is now), or to stay at the current location? Thanks!
You already have that option and many others. When you start a game go to GAME-OPTIONS-LOCAL-INTERFACE. You can change a lot of things in that tab.
pepeto

Post by pepeto »

Else, you can use the middle key of the digital pad...
Jim-11

Post by Jim-11 »

ifaesfu wrote:You already have that option and many others. When you start a game go to GAME-OPTIONS-LOCAL-INTERFACE. You can change a lot of things in that tab.
Thanks! There were too many trees in that forest, so I didn't explore it enough. Your reply helped me to find the right setting.

pepeto wrote:Else, you can use the middle key of the digital pad...
The middle (# 5) key would be perfect if it returned me to the screen location before the system automatically moved me to the next unit, but mine only acts like the "W" key to wait until later to decide what to do with a unit.