Game Enhancements Suggestions (Cummulative)

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Steve R.

Game Enhancements Suggestions (Cummulative)

Post by Steve R. »

Engineers should be able to build port facilities on land after "Amphibious Warfare" is discovered. Engineers can build airports, mines, forts, etc. So why not a port facility?

United Nations:I previously suggested
Based on how the United Nations is supposed to work, if one has the United Nations it should be possible to "force" a cease fire for a random number of turns. Maybe even peace. Especially if one has the Eiffel Tower.

Also, Marco Polo's Embassy expires with Communism. If one has the United Nations (an international body), they should be able to get an embassy in every country.
Spies:I previously suggested that a spy or diplomat be able to directly investigate a city directly from a ship. As it currently stands, the spy has to disembark from the ship onto land and can't immediately move. On the next turn the spy can move. Since my original post, as an additional thought, what the spy uncovers when they investigate a city should be available during the full turn.
nef
Elite

Re: Game Enhancements Suggestions (Cummulative)

Post by nef »

Steve R. wrote:Engineers should be able to build port facilities on land after "Amphibious Warfare" is discovered. Engineers can build airports, mines, forts, etc. So why not a port facility?
Define a base in terrain.ruleset. I did this in my 2.4.4 ruleset and it worked OK, but it took some experimenting with some of the attributes. If you have trouble I could look for my ruleset to see what I had to do. The second problem that I had was finding a suitable graphic, so I reused something inapproprite (a buoy IIRC).
Ignatus
Elite

Post by Ignatus »

Steve R. wrote:Spies:I previously suggested that a spy or diplomat be able to directly investigate a city directly from a ship. As it currently stands, the spy has to disembark from the ship onto land and can't immediately move. On the next turn the spy can move. Since my original post, as an additional thought, what the spy uncovers when they investigate a city should be available during the full turn.
Ability to act from aboard is ruleset controlled since 2.6 (IIRC Experimental rs uses it). About saving investigation data, yes, it's a problem, maybe not only client-side. I would like that an imperial arcive contained most recent available data for all cities one has ever investigated or controlled.
nef
Elite

Post by nef »

I would think that Steve R.'s original suggestion would be an easy short term fix and would solve the most important problem of trying to remember everything from one viewing. The answer that comes to mind is to allow re-inspection during the turn by clicking on the city as if it was your own. (The data, of course, would be still limited to what the spy would see.) Some of the data may change from one click to the next but this would be rather incidental and present no intelligence leak in SP.