Radio and corruption

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Lachu
Elite

Radio and corruption

Post by Lachu »

Maybe make radio technology reduce corruption?
Ignatus
Elite

Re: Radio and corruption

Post by Ignatus »

Why this one?
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

I would say because it makes communication between the capital and the province quicker and easier and in a way brings the law to further reaches of the empire. There is something to the idea.

Another one I had was: television (either tech or a wonder) decreases bulb production. Or better, call it "Cable TV" or something.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

Ignatus wrote:Why this one?
Sorry I wasn't explain. @Corbeau have right.
I also think radio mv points and vision square on foe territory should be decreased until you research radio. Why? The same reason some people think enemy units shouldn't use road bonus - there's always partisan/civilians resistance. And radio allows to send small militia to recognize territory. Satellites could also have this effect.
Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

In my opinion there is no need to decrease gold corruption, but would be nice if waste production by distance will be lower (Output_Waste_Pct = 40) thanks to certain advanced tech/building.
Currently on large maps, without decentralized gov. it is hard to maintain town far from capital, because usually there is no shields at all.
I don't mind that such outpost is not generating money/science, but not generating any shields is problematic.
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047
Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

In my opinion there is no need to decrease gold corruption, but would be nice if waste production by distance will be lower (Output_Waste_Pct = 40) thanks to certain advanced tech/building.
Currently on large maps, without decentralized gov. it is hard to maintain town far from capital, because usually there is no shields at all.
I don't mind that such outpost is not generating money/science, but not generating any shields is problematic.
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

In Sim ruleset corruption depends on distance from capital, but waste depends only on tech level. Waste is 50% by default and decreases by 1/10 after ten selected techs are discovered.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...