Pop-up Menu font color of qt (Edit: solved)

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
dlshcbmuipmam

Pop-up Menu font color of qt (Edit: solved)

Post by dlshcbmuipmam »

I am trying to build and play with the qt client on my Win10 laptop. It works, but the font color of the pop-up menu is the same as the backbround (in black). Therefore, I am unable to see the choices unless I hover my mouse over the label. Is there anyway to fix it

Edit: Now I know why, I build freeiv in the semi-out-of-source way, which I create a "build" directory and build everything into it. Freeciv cannot detect the qt data files when being run in the "build" directory, I have to copy the content of "data/themes/gui-qt" to the "build" directory (or simply run it from the root directory of freeciv) to get the correct color display.
cazfi
Elite

Re: Pop-up Menu font color of qt (Edit: solved)

Post by cazfi »

Which version are you trying to build? This sounds like Bug #782349, but it was fixed in all development branches almost a year ago (but we have had no releases after it).
dlshcbmuipmam

Re: Pop-up Menu font color of qt (Edit: solved)

Post by dlshcbmuipmam »

cazfi wrote:Which version are you trying to build? This sounds like Bug #782349, but it was fixed in all development branches almost a year ago (but we have had no releases after it).
Yes it is R2_6_0, so probably it has been fixed in the development branches.