New Longturn game starting in 48 hours

Planning and discussing Freeciv Longturn gaming
Corbeau
Elite

New Longturn game starting in 48 hours

Post by Corbeau »

A new client-based Longturn game starting in two days! That should be Tuesday in most timezones.

The game will be an experimental/test game with a goal to thoroughly test the Simulation ruleset v2.0. Even though it's a test, the game will be played "in all seriousness (where applicable)". There will be 23-hour turns and strict policy on cheating, multiaccounting etc.

IMPORTANT!

As a rule, you can only sign up before the game starts, that is, in the next 24 hours. You can do so by sending me a message here on the forum (or replying to this thread) or joining the "official" Discord server (*click*) and contacting me there, preferably in private because otherwise I could miss you message.

Don't forget to name the nation you wish to play :)

I am considering creating a few additional AIs - not too many, definitely less than number of human players, maybe even less than half - so that newcomers may jump in, but this is open to debate in the next 48 hours.

Due to the experimental nature of the game, ruleset changes during the game are possible. However, as a rule, it will be limited to fixes or fine-tuning some of the settings. Specifically, what I'm looking to fine-tune the most is properties of Low-Tech Swarm governments: Tribal and Anarchy. You are invited to test them out (although Anarchy has been greatly downgraded according to its original purpose).

The ruleset can be viewed and examined here.
The Simulatuin Ruleset v1.0 Manual can be found here. The v2.0 Manual is in the works.
The raw list of changes between v1.0 and v2.0 can be found here.

Errors are possible. If you find them, please report them.

Many thanks to Madmax for making all this possible, creating the server, helping with glitches, setting up the scripts and leading me by the hand through chat and private messages.

The game did not start yet. When it does - on Tuesday - it will be announced here and on Discord and relevant data - server and port - will be published.
Last edited by Corbeau on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Corbeau
Elite

Re: New Longturn game starting in 48 hours

Post by Corbeau »

Current list of players:

Fran::Ainu
Joy::Italian
Ignatus::
Corbeau::Chinese
Soon::Chananeans
Vladimir::Uzbek
Kryon::Turkish
Rhue::American
kamBLR::Belarusian
Alfred::Venetian
FuzzyDunlop::Werewolf
Last edited by Corbeau on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
BOBAH1
Veteran

Post by BOBAH1 »

8-)
Civ
Ignatus
Elite

Post by Ignatus »

I want to play though I feel like a total lamer right now. Where is the server and game page? How to register a nation?
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Read the annuncement :P

As for the nation: tell me!
Corbeau wrote:The game did not start yet. When it does - on Tuesday - it will be announced here and on Discord and relevant data - server and port - will be published.
--
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

The game has started. Relevant info has been forwarded to relevan people through PMs on Discord. if you are not regular there, go and check.
--