Playing Freeciv Web OFFLINE?

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
os84

Playing Freeciv Web OFFLINE?

Post by os84 »

Dear Forum,

i am looking for a way to play the Freeciv webversion offline at my workplace. Every game-related site is blocked. I have downloaded the Freeciv Portable version, which functions well but has not the same advanced interface as the HTML5 version. When i try to play a scenario i am bound to the Civ1-overhead graphics which aren't appealing as well.

Basically i want to play "Freeciv Web" as a portable version. Is there a way to make that possible?

Thanks and kind regards,
Olli
Corbeau
Elite

Re: Playing Freeciv Web OFFLINE?

Post by Corbeau »

Does it have to be Web or is it possible for you to install a Freeciv client?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
os84

Post by os84 »

Thanks for the quick reply!

No, it doesn't have to be the web version. I just want to play with the Civ2/Civ3 interface and with the isometric view. The Portable version seems to be limited to a more Civ1-like style.

I don't have administrative rights to install programms, another safety net at my workplace. Is it possible - simply speaking - to update / exchange files in the existing folder of the portable version?

Best regards,
Olli
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

I don't know anything about Portable version, but if there is a folder/directory with rulesets, it should definitely be possible to play with any ruleset you can find anywhere.

I'm not sure about graphics, though. Check if you can change tilesets at all.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
os84

Post by os84 »

I have found some isometric maps. (http://modpack.freeciv.org/scenarios/isomaps/) and the interface doesn't bother me at the moment. Thanks for your support!