Enemy units not disbanding in peace

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
DJSny

Enemy units not disbanding in peace

Post by DJSny »

I have had this problem in various versions. After peace is declared, all of my units in the enemy's territory are disbanded. However, the enemy's units are not disbanded. You can see various examples in the current game I'm playing in the attachments. For reference:
"This is Freeciv version 2.5.11, gui-gtk-2.0 client." (But this has occurred in other versions that I've used, I'm sure.)
"You are playing with classic Freeciv rules for single player games."

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Freeciv_4.PNG
Freeciv_4.PNG (9.87 KiB) Viewed 4227 times
Freeciv_3.PNG
Freeciv_3.PNG (202.36 KiB) Viewed 4227 times
Freeciv_2.PNG
Freeciv_2.PNG (172.54 KiB) Viewed 4227 times
Freeciv_1.PNG
nef
Elite

Re: Enemy units not disbanding in peace

Post by nef »

You might want to clarify the actual events. The auto disbanding process is event related not status related. That is, units are disbanded only if they are in foreign territory at the time of transition from Armistice to Peace. If the territory grows during peace time and engulfs a unit then it survives (but typically can't move.)

It appears that this behaviour is unique to fc (being an ad hoc mix of Civ II and Civ III features), and is OFTEN complained about.
Cipher_F15

Re: Enemy units not disbanding in peace

Post by Cipher_F15 »

And is there any hope of this getting fixed any time soon, or should we just get used to it?