Blue/Purple Screen on New Android

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
targoiv

Blue/Purple Screen on New Android

Post by targoiv »

Well, I made the mistake up moving from a Samsung S8 which ran Freeciv perfectly to a Samsung S9 which still allows the program to run, but with an amazing blue tint/overlay to the screen. I noticed a few other folks in the Play Store reviews having similar issues, but no reported solutions. Screen captures result in an untinted picture. Upon hitting the center button to return to the OS, the blue overlay disappears briefly before minimizing. Does anyone have any thoughts on how this could be resolved? Thank you in advance.
javaxubuntu

Re: Blue/Purple Screen on New Android

Post by javaxubuntu »

Hello,
I'm sorry to answer only now because I don't often read this forum. Can you try the beta release? If the problem persists, can you post screenshots?
Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne »

Hi, i got same problem.
I did go to my phones developer options and set "force 4x msaa" on and now its working.
javaxubuntu

Post by javaxubuntu »

Hi,
A new release has been published some days ago. Can you confirm that this bug still happens if "force 4x msaa" option is disabled?
On the main menu, the last version is shown as 2.6.10.
Freeciv.png
Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne »

Just updated and tested. Problem is still here.
Red overlay dont show in screenshots so i cant show it.

Edit: can be fixed with "disable hw overlays" on same menu.
mjjunk

Post by mjjunk »

I'm was having this same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S9+. I uninstalled and reinstalled and now the app won't open up at all. It adjusts my view angle on the screen from vertical to horizontal and then quit. I just signed up for the beta release in hope it will fix the problem.
mjjunk

Post by mjjunk »

mjjunk wrote:I'm was having this same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S9+. I uninstalled and reinstalled and now the app won't open up at all. It adjusts my view angle on the screen from vertical to horizontal and then quit. I just signed up for the beta release in hope it will fix the problem.
Found out why it was having the non-opening (phone setting wasn't allowing access to storage), but still having the display issue.
javaxubuntu

Post by javaxubuntu »

mjjunk wrote:Found out why it was having the non-opening (phone setting wasn't allowing access to storage), but still having the display issue.
Thank you for this information. Many users have this problem and I didn't know what happened. My Android version is 5.1 so it allows access to storage by default.
javaxubuntu

Post by javaxubuntu »

Can you test the last release and remove storage permission? Freeciv should now ask for it.
mjjunk

Post by mjjunk »

javaxubuntu wrote:Can you test the last release and remove storage permission? Freeciv should now ask for it.
That version doesn't improve anything for me. If I remove storage permissions the app just freezes before the load screen. If I allow them I still have the purple hued screen. The latest version my phone just auto updated to doesn't open at all anymore. It freezes without permissions and it crashes with them before even opening.