Upcoming 3.0.0-beta3

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
cazfi
Elite

Upcoming 3.0.0-beta3

Post by cazfi »

As 3.0.0-beta3 should come out in a couple of weeks, there is now first version of NEWS-3.0.0-beta3 document available: http://www.freeciv.org/wiki/NEWS-3.0.0-beta3
cazfi
Elite

Re: Upcoming 3.0.0-beta3

Post by cazfi »

Especially ruleset and scenario authors, and other content creators, should take note of the final beta. You may want to start creating your 3.0 content now that it's already available when bulk of users switch to 3.0 when 3.0.0 gets released.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Also: I think that code-wise S3_0 is quite ready for the 3.0.0 release already, but we could use a contributor who could improve (in some cases create) various helptexts and descriptions. Current team has no native English speaker at all.
Ignatus
Elite

Post by Ignatus »

I'd prefer finish damage calculator and get_defender() algorithm for limited rounds before the final release, I already know the formulation just have few time to code...
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Another task that a volunteer could take would be checking that effects and requirements documentation in wiki contain all the 3.0 stuff from doc/README.effects. When making code changes, doc/README.effects goes together with those and usually is correct. OTOH updating wiki is a separate task that developer would need to remember to do after pushing changes in, and that's sometimes forgotten. A while back I added a bunch of new effects and requirements that I had myself added during last ~six months.
I'm under the impression that a lot of people rely on wiki documentation, rather than authoritative doc/README.effects, so it really should be correct as well.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Ignatus wrote:I'd prefer finish damage calculator and get_defender() algorithm for limited rounds before the final release, I already know the formulation just have few time to code...
If we you can't make it, there will always be 3.0.1 to target to.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Ignatus wrote:I'd prefer finish damage calculator and get_defender() algorithm for limited rounds before the final release, I already know the formulation just have few time to code...
btw. Do we have a ticket about this?
Ignatus
Elite

Post by Ignatus »

cazfi wrote:btw. Do we have a ticket about this?
https://www.hostedredmine.com/issues/784748 My plans are here, they are like 55% ready in code.