How to edit+

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
djconklin
Veteran

How to edit+

Post by djconklin »

Hi,

How do I edit / what program can I use to edit them with:

1) Scenario file called Europe 1900 (so I know the file name at least, don't know where it is, tho')?

2) The ai files; I think it is ridiculous that they can be on novice and be outproducing me.

3) I'm short on gold; how can I add gold to my account?

===

Has anyone made a game map of the real world?
Last edited by djconklin on Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ignatus
Elite

Re: How to edit+

Post by Ignatus »

1) The standard scenarios are in freeciv-install-dir/data/scenarios, to edit manually you need zip and notepad, to edit in the game just run it and switch your client into edit mode from the menu;
2) the C code is on github if you want to recompile it, there is few else that can be done to the AI. Also, there is data/default/ai_effects.ruleset file, you can just put there negative effects for novice AI (see "Editing Effects" on the wiki). But the first advice is build more cities and develop Republic faster (if you are on the island map, on a continent you can first conquer a pair of neighbours with Horsemen and put Phalanxes in your border cities, but still, build more cities).
3) The starting settings are in the "Geography" tab of the client when you click the button under ruleset listbox, there are limits but the map can be pretty big. Just notice what method of map sizing is used not to change unused currently settings.
djconklin
Veteran

Re: How to edit+

Post by djconklin »

Thanx!