Q: Order of moving units with GoTo at start of the turn

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Corbeau
Elite

Q: Order of moving units with GoTo at start of the turn

Post by Corbeau »

Does anyone know what is the order in which units with GoTo orders are moved at the start of the turn? Is it random or it has some specific sequence?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
cazfi
Elite

Re: Q: Order of moving units with GoTo at start of the turn

Post by cazfi »

Order of players is random, so one does not get advantage by being player #1.
For a player, units are processed in order. This is usually the order in which the units have been acquired (built, bribed, captured). The client may proceed unit focus in the same order, as long as you don't yourself make some unit to w)ait, but I think there's cases where this is not true.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

So, the order of players is random? Once a player is on, ALL his GoTo units move, and only after that it's another player's GoTo units turn?
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

cazfi wrote:Order of players is random, so one does not get advantage by being player #1.
For a player, units are processed in order. This is usually the order in which the units have been acquired (built, bribed, captured). The client may proceed unit focus in the same order, as long as you don't yourself make some unit to w)ait, but I think there's cases where this is not true.
Ok, just checking, the order of units is by order of acquiring? Not the ID? (usually both are the same, but I'm just checking).
--
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Corbeau wrote:
cazfi wrote:Order of players is random, so one does not get advantage by being player #1.
Ok, just checking, the order of units is by order of acquiring? Not the ID? (usually both are the same, but I'm just checking).
Yes, the order in which they are added to player's list of units (umh. this can actually be reverse order, haven't checked). This can be different from the order of IDs for example when one bribes enemy unit with lower ID.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Wait, it can be reverse order?
--
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Corbeau wrote:Wait, it can be reverse order?
I'm not sure whether newly acquired units are added to the end or to the beginning of the list. Adding them to the beginning would probably be faster (no need to find end of the list).