Crosser based Windows snapshot builds

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
cazfi
Elite

Re: Crosser based Windows snapshot builds

Post by cazfi »

New crosser-1.0 based builds from freeciv S2_6 r32668 are available from
http://download.gna.org/freeciv/package ... osser-1.0/
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

Any major differences with these new builds and r32668?
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

It's been over 200 commits... and depends what you consider major.

I used to create list of notable changes for crosser based builds, but reading through the svn logs for that was taking much more time than other parts of making new build available combined, so I had to give it up.

I now uploaded raw svn logs between previous build and current build of both S2_6 and TRUNK to the same directories the builds are.
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

cazfi wrote:I now uploaded raw svn logs between previous build and current build of both S2_6 and TRUNK to the same directories the builds are.
Thanks, actually I should be able to reconstruct this, because I have S2_6 and TRUNK, but just reading it is easier. The directories are below Gna! packages/windows/testing/cazfi/crosser/, and crosser 0.15 is old, the latest and greatest is 1.0 (reducing 2*2*2=8 possible SF crosser downloads to 2*2=4). After that it's either win32 or win64 (2*2=4 down to 2), and either full (can do Qt + ruledit, roughly 300 MB) or not (no Qt, no ruledit, roughly 100 MB).

JFTR, it's now also listed on Projects and More distributions. Minor suggestion for launch.bat to get rid of two harmless double-slashes in the lib + bin PATH:

Code: Select all

@set WINSTACK_ROOT=%~dp0
@path %~dp0lib;%~dp0bin;%PATH%
Quick tests for r32785: Can start gtk2, gtk3, sdl, and sdl2; but the SDL clients display an unreadable (for me) message, the font is far too small. The sdl2 client crashes on exit (= close initial window, or click on quit). The quit button is actually pointless on Windows, you could use it for something else in future versions, e.g., offer to continue the freshest found *.sav without a "final" (FreeCol has this feature.) Minor nit, the (brown) gtk2-buttons are "nicer" than the (grey) gtk3-buttons.
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

These new builds are for Linux isn't it ? I tried the "freeciv-gtk2.exe" from the r32875 and got a error message saying "missing the ...Magick\Wand...dll"

Cazfi : What I meant by 'major' is the one who is between the sargeant and the lut. colonel. :lol:
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

The '~' problems reported in another thread are likely caused by bug #24781. Thanks for the report.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

There's new crosser based builds from both S2_6 and TRUNK (S3_0) r33017. In addition to '~' -problem, for example some freeciv-manual bugs and a bug preventing AI from building most buildings have been fixed lately.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

New crosser based build from S2_6 r33482 available from http://download.gna.org/freeciv/package ... osser-1.0/

TRUNK/S3_0 builds now have discussion thread of their own.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

First S2_6 build based on new crosser-1.1 is made from r33843, and can be found from http://download.gna.org/freeciv/package ... osser-1.1/