Need help enabling animations.

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
theoden8

Need help enabling animations.

Post by theoden8 »

Hello,

I would have posted it as a bug, but I only started playing freeciv so don't blame me.

I am unable to see animations in any tileset. There is only one option in the interface that allows me to center my camera (which doesn't work too, only sometimes) and some options in the graphics settings which allow me to change animation speeds. So, when the units are supposed to animate, what happens is the screen freezes for three seconds, I can hear my unit making noises as if it was walking, and then it centers on another unit. When I'm done, the screen freezes on a certain position, sometimes recentering occasionally, and all I can hear is the screams of horses, etc.

Is there any way to fix it? I have tried all tilesets: amplio, amplio2, freeland and freeland-big, nothing works. It's not that fun playing civilization when you can't hope that your spearman eventually defeats a modern armor.

My system information:
Freeciv version 2.5.7 gui-gtk-2.0
MacOS Sierra, installed with homebrew
dunnoob
Elite

Re: Need help enabling animations.

Post by dunnoob »

theoden8 wrote:I have tried all tilesets: amplio, amplio2, freeland and freeland-big, nothing works.
Actually there are no animations, all you get is an auto-focus for units moving from A in turn n to B in turn n+1. With sound (you have that), and the auto-focus can be disabled to change it only manually (I do this, the default is enabled.) Test the cimpletoon tileset, it has orientation (units looking in one of eight directions).