Postęp game

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Lachu
Elite

Re: Postęp game

Post by Lachu »

Also we can use something like that (in requirements list):

Code: Select all

"CounterToNextOperation", "A", "Player"
"CounterToNextOperation", "B", "Player"
"Substract", "0", "Params(2)"
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

Effect counters are worked. It's very late, because it only worked on Flatpak build and on my host system was some errors. I removed error and game worked on my host system, so I updated source code.

Progress1 ruleset already use counters to provide golden age mechanism. Each turn you have palace built (so your people are happy), one counter increases. When it is bigger than some other counter, golden age start. Additionally, points required for next golden age increases on each golden age acquired.

Also, I implemented custom_multiplier. Custom_multiplier is multiplier from req list, so it can be any integer value we can access from req list. In future I will add more values, but at now you can access only counters.

I will now implement civic lock, so game could behaves like CivV - when selecting civic, you cannot change it and you can select new civic once you acquired some culture points.

I still waiting for your suggestions and help.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

I have uploaded new flatpak version. It's compatible with newer flatpak version, so I think you can try to play with it.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

Civic look implemented, so there's a mechanism to decide if user can change civic on particular slot (CivSlot_Changeable effect) and decide target of change (civic reqs), There's some error still - CIvicSlot_changeable not always work, so user cannot in rare cases change civic.

Thanks to implementation of CivSlot_changeable, custom multiplier and counters, I can re-implement some rules from CivV, so I create progressCiv5 ruleset. ProgressCiv5 ruleset implements golden eras and Civ's V policy.

There's one error - when you click end turn twice too fast, system will hang, but I think that not error in my game.

I just forgot. To run game start server by hand and connect to it. Don't use option start new history.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

Hi!

I have an one question. Is it possible to send requirement with value packed in field bigger than double word (int/long int)? I send long long int and client receives bad data (-1 instead of 47) as source.kind. Value is used as generic pointer. I think that this shouldn't be matter, because algorithm should send data generally (not dependent on field size) - in other cases, the sending data are correct, only when I put to Civic requirement value.civic 0, the error appears.

Any help is appreciated.

Ok. The type wasn't be long long int, but struct civic *, so I thought Freeciv due to platform compatibility puts that pointer into long int, but by asterix and taking address in mind, so other fields are overlapped, but I a see universal_n structure have a lot of pointer type field. Any suggestion, why this does not working for me and how Freeciv handle 32-bit and 64-bit compatibility?

As I thought, universal value are converted to integer. All you need to do is fill universal_by_number and universal_number. You can use pointers in universal structure.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

I uploaded flatpak with some bugfix and put newer version of sources.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Hello. Is there a file/document where we can see all the features of your version of the game? And what is its current status? Is it playable as it is? What I mean is, how are you doing the modifications, are they self-contained (I'm not sure if this is the right term) and whole, or are there loose ends that have to be tied before people can actually play it?

Also, a few more questions:

Do you, by any chance, have a server available to host a game where other people could connect?

I'm assuming that this is not compatible with the standard Freeciv client so a new client would have to be compiled. Do you have a installation pack or something? (Namely, I'm running Linux Mint, but I'm a low-level user and there is no chance in hell that I'm going to learn how to compile the source on my own). Also, is there anything else that needs to be installed?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

Corbeau wrote:Hello. Is there a file/document where we can see all the features of your version of the game?
There's no such document - some features are documented here, some others on sourceforge.net (wiki/forums).
Corbeau wrote:
And what is its current status? Is it playable as it is?
AI cannot use features of the game, game cannot be started in normal way (you must start client/server separately). The game sometimes get segfault.
Corbeau wrote:
What I mean is, how are you doing the modifications, are they self-contained (I'm not sure if this is the right term) and whole, or are there loose ends that have to be tied before people can actually play it?
I don't know what do you mean, but I create few new ruleset. Each of it isn't complete - rather it was created to test features, but I decided to work with CivIV, CivV, CivVI ruleset. There's a lot of work.

[/quote]
Also, a few more questions:
Corbeau wrote: Do you, by any chance, have a server available to host a game where other people could connect?
No.
Corbeau wrote: I'm assuming that this is not compatible with the standard Freeciv client so a new client would have to be compiled. Do you have a installation pack or something? (Namely, I'm running Linux Mint, but I'm a low-level user and there is no chance in hell that I'm going to learn how to compile the source on my own). Also, is there anything else that needs to be installed?
Linux Mint contains flatpak as I remember. I publish Flatpak package of Progress. Read Readme.eng on sourceforge.net and Install. Freeciv client isn't compatible with Progress server.

I could port my solutions to Freeciv.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

Corbeau wrote:What I mean is, how are you doing the modifications, are they self-contained (I'm not sure if this is the right term) and whole, or are there loose ends that have to be tied before people can actually play it?
Sorry for not waiting/think about response, but I now uses google translator and now quite understood you. My English isn't good. It's rather poor.

I contribute to Freeciv few times and someone suggest me that my patch should separate datafile (ruleset for example) and game code. I trying to work on single feature at the same time, but code and repo probably is a mess. Sometimes I send code with debug messages to repository, sometimes I just forget to put onto git staging area some file before commit, etc. I tries to check everything before send the code, but not always I have done this. I for example uses git commit --amend, when I forgot just to send one file, etc., but my work culture isn't ideal. Also, when I didn't look at the code for (there's should probably be putted since; my English isn't ideal - in Polish we use the same word for "for" and "since"; this word is "przez" - best word is probably after - "po" in Polish) many months I just cannot understand it (that's not only my problem, because many developers working on many projects have this problem).

So, if you would like to port my solution to Freeciv, I must tell, that's not trival task. Also: this game is rather not playable yet. The most important thing is probably I decided to remove AI from Progress, because I'm not familiar with AI developing and introduced many features, with probably could be used only in game, where all players are humans,
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

I was simply curious in two things: a coherent and comprehensive list of your changes and whether the game is currently playable. I'm not porting anything because I'm not a programmer :) I'd like to try it out, but if it's not possible, no problem.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...