Postęp game

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
louis94
Hardened

Re: Postęp game

Post by louis94 »

Lachu wrote:tomorrow I have English exam.
Good luck!

Louis
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

I went to case, where I can publish first pre-alpha version. I have one question - how to remove files generated by autogen and configure scripts, like Makefile? Which file should I remove?
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Depends on the level of cleanliness you want, either 'make distclean' (should leave same content as the tarball distribution has) or 'make maintainerclean' (so clean that requires automake and autoconf etc to regenerate everything)
Lachu
Elite

First pre-alpha release

Post by Lachu »

I have done first pre-alpha release and public first movie from gameplay

Link to movie (on youtube.coom): https://youtu.be/52PFaJWRB8g

What is implemented:
- Districts partially are implemented
- Proud points and possibility to buy units or next level of multipliers by proud
- Social and military research

What is planed:
- Recycle experience military unit to get military science
- Formation, abilities and actions for military units to research in military science
- Units of foe on the same tile (to attack, unit must be on the same tile and player must select attack order)
- Battles on special map
- Separate movement from playing
- Propaganda (player buy it for proud and gold and the effect is proud cost * gold cost) to makes some citizens happy for some turns
- And a lot more

Some additional information:
- Military district can be build by workers
- Some multipliers can be raised by proud
- Units can be build by proud

I think that proud is a new concept, similar to culture in Civilization V/VI game, but quite new. Proud describes how people are love ruler and how much they are integrated. Player can get proud points by build world/small wonders, which have defined proud bonus, but before time limit. Each turn after some time limit will decrease proud bonus, so If I built Pyramids on 5 turn, I would get 40 proud points, but on turn 6 20 proud points and on turn 8 0 proud points. If we lost some great/small wonder, which give proud to us, we lost proud points we got after this building is build, so we can have proud point level lower than 0.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

If someone is interested in helping developing progress, you're welcome. I will now work on some other projects and integration Progress with flatpak.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

What is the main difference between proud points and freeciv-2.6+ culture, especially performance type of culture?
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

I don't know much about culture in Freeciv 2.6, but that's be addressed to different usage types.

Proud points measure loyalty of your people and integration of your nation. Culture means how many art are your people produced.

By proud point you can buy units, increase some multipliers level, etc. In future you could be able to produce propaganda by gold and proud (I think use culture also could be good idea), buy culture bust (I didn't say about it previously), buy new governments and change it without revolution. In my opinion, better is pay for governments by proud points instead of case we have in CivVI, where you discover governments - my approach is more realistic.

Can you give me link to culture in freeciv 2.6 aspects?

I have read this: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?t=11497 .

Proud points are cumulative, like historical culture, but there's no building providing culture per turn. Your people will celebrate and note in history in moment you have build Pyramids, so you have only proud bonus once (when you build Pyramids). So, there's difference between proud and culture (both performance and historical type).
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

You can install first pre alpha release by downloading content pointed by this link: http://slawek.lach.art.pl/progress-prealpha1.flatpak . In next step you must type command:

Code: Select all

flatpak --user install --bundle file_you_downloaded
You need have flatpak installed. Please to not display/open giving link, but save it (using right click menu), because server doesn't recognize flatpak mime type.
Lachu
Elite

Step 0

Post by Lachu »

To install progress from flatpak bundle, you need to install gnome runtime.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

Changes I've made:
- Possibility to move unit onto not allied unit (not attack is performed)
- Turn is split into two phases (planning and moving)

There's no flatpak archive yet, so you must compile sources by yourselves.

I think about creating forum for Progress, possibly on sourceforge.net .