Postęp game

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
cazfi
Elite

Re: Postęp game

Post by cazfi »

Lachu wrote:I have a trouble with AI.AI can move unit not belonging it.
In which situation? I can't think of a situation where that's not an bug, since it may lead incompatible AI type to be used -> please report to http://www.hostedredmine.com/projects/f ... issues/new
One such case was transport giving control to a land unit, potentially belonging to another player, driving it, but that has been fixed.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

cazfi wrote:
Lachu wrote:I have a trouble with AI.AI can move unit not belonging it.
In which situation? I can't think of a situation where that's not an bug, since it may lead incompatible AI type to be used -> please report to http://www.hostedredmine.com/projects/f ... issues/new
One such case was transport giving control to a land unit, potentially belonging to another player, driving it, but that has been fixed.
That's probably not bug related to Freeciv, because AI is moving enemy units stationing in city owned by AI player. I have found dai_unit_move_or_attack function, but there's no information about player, so I can use odd hack checking unit is owned by player AI is controlling. I tend to disable AI in near future. Actually I only use it for test purpose.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

Slavery
On git repository (on sourceforge.net) is version of Progress, which supports slavery system. How does slavery works? When our unit is on enemy city center and there's only our unit on this center, we can order this unit to enslave citizen. This order will consume our unit and generated slaves unit. We must move this unit to our city to use actions enabled only for slavers unit.

By now, we have only two actions for slaves. On default ruleset both are enabled. First action is called sell slave. This action will give 10 gold to our treasury. Additionally, there's make_content effect related to this action in default ruleset. Second action is use slavers to produce military science. In default ruleset, this action can be only invoked on target city with colosseum.Coloseum requires special social technology to be researched. And social bulbs is related to population (not to science points).

Additionally, there's new requirement type, called StrMatch. It compares string with extended posix regular expression.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

I think conquer city should requires social technology. Additionally, there should be stolen action, which will work like enslave population action, but converts thief into caravan. Stolen action should also need social technology. It will be more matching history reality. First attack to stolen, next attack to enslave and on the end attack to conquer.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

I have pushed basic great people mechanism. It is very simple and rather hacky. Hacky, because I decided to use unit types to create great person definition. Unit type for great person should be unbuildable and in game it's an singleton. Only one great person per game may be created (so unit type is something like singleton). And one think. To declare type for great person, you must add field to unit type, which specify great person type.

Default ruleset supports only two great person: Sławomir Lach (great politic) and Lord Void (great general). Game supports only four type of great person:
- Great politic
- Great general
- Great scientist
- Great engineer

Maybe in future I will allow moders to define great person type by editing ruleset, so they can create a great prophet type for example. Another type is great warrior or hero (unit without special actions, but with great attack/defense values).

Currently, there's no action/orders introduced for use with great person. I propose actions for great politic:
- Change government (allows to change government in one turn without cost)
- Social science boost (adds many points to social science points)

I propose also an action for great general:
- Military science boost

I asks you for adds proposition for your own actions/orders.

I must also tell you, that the game uses XDG_USER_DIR variable in place of HOME. To make game work in non-flatpak environment, you should change "XDG_DATA_DIR" into "HOME" in utility/shared.c. Maybe somebody know how correct handle both case (game is compiled against flatpak or against GNU/Linux)?
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

Version prealpha-10 is flatpaked and put on sourceforge.net.

I think great person is something I can port to Freeciv. Changes are quite small. What do you think?
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

New version was pushed onto sourceforge.net's git repository today. New version introduces civics. It's similar mechanism like in Civilization IV and Civilization VI. This mechanism isn't complete in Progress yet, but few changes are had to be done.What should been done?
- Automatically fill empty slots with not used civic
- Possibility to reset activated civic in change civic dialog
- Test civic is filled correctly (no repeat, etc.)

I think, that I can port civic into Freeciv, when I had done this mechanism. What do you think?

Ah. One more think. I decided to create two ruleset:
- ProgressCivIV
- ProgressCivVI

So I need information about how great people and civics mechanism works in both games. I have license for both games, but some help is still needed. Please put into this topic information, what great people and which civics are in both games and help me to write ruleset compatible with CivIV/CivVI.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

Can I open three new topics: ProgressCivIV ruleset, ProgressCivVI ruleset and Progress Default ruleset? Or maybe better discuss about related thinks in this topic?
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

I write this post to tell you the project isn't dead. Maybe I have small amount of time, but I go ahead in free time.

Inspired by never version of Civilization games, I decided to create bard unit. Maybe Civilization games doesn't have units like this, but it take focus on cultural aspects. I'm serious - please, don't laugh.

Bard unit is support unit type. It have some visibility range. It remembers victory military points for each player. When we won battle and bard see that, it will increase our victory points. If we lose, enemy victory points is increased. Bard can increase our culture and militaristic science points by move to our city and store notes there. There's also chance that enemy capture our bard. Once captured, enemy have two options:
- Kill bard unit, so we won't get culture and military bonus
- Move bard to ones' city, so if bard saw battle between this enemy and we, when this enemy won, enemy will get victory points (related to this player)

I have other ideas, but I will describe it another time.
And pleas: don't laugh: Civilization V/VI have relic \, historical places, etc. ideas, so my idea isn't too worst.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

I have an idea for first three politics:

- Lenin - action: allows to change government into communism even if not discovered, without anarchy period
- Stalin - action: allows to change government into communism even if not discovered, without anarchy period
- Lincoln - action: allows to change government into democracy even if not discovered, without anarchy period