using svn builds

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
uncivilizedplayer

using svn builds

Post by uncivilizedplayer »

svn has broken savegames at the moment with 'experimental' ruleset, how should it be used?

do I have to compile with compatible savegame flag?
sveinung
Elite

Re: using svn builds

Post by sveinung »

uncivilizedplayer wrote:svn has broken savegames at the moment with 'experimental' ruleset, how should it be used?
Am I correct to assume that you are talking about trunk (3.0)? Where are the save games from? The revision of trunk that you try to load them into? An earlier revision of trunk? Another version?
uncivilizedplayer wrote:do I have to compile with compatible savegame flag?
Are you talking about (trunk) 3.0's development version internal save game compatibility (--enable-dev-save-compat)? Did you explicitly disable it? Unless you did it is probably enabled. (It is enabled if gen_headers/fc_config.h contains the line "#define FREECIV_DEV_SAVE_COMPAT 1")

The development version internal save game compatibility currently can't help you unless the breakage of your save game is that units forgets their orders when you load a save game from an earlier 3.0 development version. This is because the oldest change it currently supports is patch #6153.