Experimental and Typos

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Arbogast
Elite

Experimental and Typos

Post by Arbogast »

There's a strange typo in this ruleset. In the new Lendian ruleset, citiy names don't come out right.
Przemyśl shows a typo error. As there are other cities with the same typo I wonder if this could be fixed.
This is in r33170.
dunnoob
Elite

Re: Experimental and Typos

Post by dunnoob »

Arbogast wrote: In the new Lendian ruleset, citiy names don't come out right.
Affecting almost all rulesets in all versions, if it is broken UTF-8 in data/nation/lendian.ruleset. Vote for bug #22767, after the check all SVG flags stunt a new check all UTF-8 rulesets quest should be easy. :ugeek:
JTN
Elite

Post by JTN »

Arbogast wrote:Przemyśl shows a typo error.
Can you please be clear about what exactly you see, and what exactly you expect to see?

I've not seen any trouble. My view of the ruleset file (from svn) looks like well-formed UTF-8, and its display in my text editor matches its display in Freeciv matches my view of Wikipedia. All these views match the following description (which is of octets extracted from my copy of lendian.ruleset):

Code: Select all

$ cvt-utf8 50 72 7A 65 6D 79 C5 9B 6C
U-00000050  50                LATIN CAPITAL LETTER P
U-00000072  72                LATIN SMALL LETTER R
U-0000007A  7A                LATIN SMALL LETTER Z
U-00000065  65                LATIN SMALL LETTER E
U-0000006D  6D                LATIN SMALL LETTER M
U-00000079  79                LATIN SMALL LETTER Y
U-0000015B  C5 9B             LATIN SMALL LETTER S WITH ACUTE
U-0000006C  6C                LATIN SMALL LETTER L
I haven't investigated the Windows installer build which I assume you are using; maybe something has gone wrong with that.

It would also be useful to know what localisation you are playing Freeciv with, and what language your OS installation has.

We have had genuine character encoding issues -- notably in the Latvian ruleset until very recently -- but I don't see any obvious such issue here.
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

Sorry not being more clear.
Here is what I get under Windows XP
typo.jpg
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

Arbogast wrote:Windows XP
Windows 7 notepad.exe (font: source code pro): "Przemyśl"
lendian.png
lendian.png (11.74 KiB) Viewed 6957 times
Arial + Courier New also work (in notepad). Something claiming to be Courier Std failed, uninstalled. Deja Vu sans mono: okay. Droid sans fallback: okay. Segoe UI: okay. Tahoma: okay. Times New Roman: okay. Palatino Linotype: okay. Symbola: okay. OpenSymbol: okay. Bitstream Vera Sans Mono: okay. Charis SIL: okay. Liberation Mono: okay. So I guess that could be related to some unlucky font settings on your box, I add a screenshot of my settings.
fonts.png