Experimental and Migration

Various topics about the game, the website, or anything else Freeciv related that doesn't fit elsewhere.
dunnoob
Elite

Re: Experimental and Migration

Post by dunnoob »

Caedo wrote:The problem is when the server's language is something other than English
Just checked, /help migration + /explain migration + /show migration all display aus + ein (German) instead of disabled + enabled. IMNSHO syntax required "as is", e.g., HTML <head>, should not be translated, it's no German <kopf>.

Folks went to serious troubles to replace bitwise enums 0...15 by say ""..."wrapx|wrapy|iso|hex", or 0..1 by FALSE..TRUE. Skipping an even longer essay what I thought about this, because it boils down to pourqoi pas, FALSE and TRUE now work in the settings-section of a game.ruleset, they should also work in a server set command for consistency.

Likewise (untested), if 0...1 still work for backwards compatibility in the settings-section it could also work in set commands. I'm not hot about it, because I normally use lang=en or lang=C instead of lang=de or auto. On the other hand, Freeciv uses ICU for Unicode, it's like fighting an explorer with a nuke. The i18n results should justify the big efforts and actually work.
Arbogast
Elite

Re: Experimental and Migration

Post by Arbogast »

I'm kind of getting the gist of it all...
I have disabled migration altogether although that's not exactly what I wanted. Migration is almost as good as the expanding radius of cities as they grow. But I'm playing a few games with migration off in order to understand all those "mgr_distance, mgr_foodneeded, mgr_nationchance, mgr_turninterval, and mgr_worldchance".
So, thanks a bunch for your help gentlemen :!: