thank you for recreating civ =). this is a great project. i tried to mod a few things and have a few questions, maybe you can help me.
1. in game.ruleset i set tech_leakage = 3. the help text reads:
; 3 - Technology cost is reduced depending on the number of normal
; players (human and AI) which already know the tech.
i started a new game and waited 150 turns without doing anything. the costs for the start techs was still the same. why? i also used tech_cost_style = 1 and base_tech_cost = 30. how exactly does tech leakage work?
2. how does flags="IgWall" in units.ruleset work? i am asking because i played with city wall defense bonus. if i add another defense bonus that only triggers with a city wall AND some other requirement, will it also be ignored by such units? what about other defense boni (fortress for example, or other buildings or just techs?). is it possible to add a "downgraded" city wall with lower defense bonus and have it be ignored by igWall units as well?
3. how is the AI coded? i moved the warrior code tech behind feudalism. will the AI try to research it immediately, like it probably would normally. or is it intelligent enough to choose from existing options? same with units: i kind of replaced archers by elephants. does the AI recognise, a tech gives units with certain AI flags (like AttackStrong) and uses this as basis for research decisions? i rearranged some techs and increased tech cost by about 50 %, can the AI cope with this (it looks like, but it seemed to build less wonders altough it had the needed techs, in my recent test game)
4. how does MinSize work in effects.ruleset? could you give an example? everything i tried just produces an error message and i couldn't find it used anywhere to copy it. i wanted to add a Defense_Bonus that triggers with citysize 3+.
5. is there a good way to test if my Defense_Bonus modifications work? like a combat log that shows those modifiers?
6. is it possible to trigger an effect when researching a technology? for example, lets say i want philosophy to give a free tech to everyone, not just to the first who researches it. i could use the Give_Imm_Tech effect. but currently it seems i can't trigger it.