How to use the ingame Editor ?

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
ricorico94

How to use the ingame Editor ?

Post by ricorico94 »

Hi,

I tried to switch on the Editor while playing a game. I can them modify the map, add units, create cities, etc.
But I can't make the "properties" button working. When I click on it, I see a list of players (it looks working). But if I click on units or cities, the lists are empty. I tried to "refresh", I tried to click (left click of mouse) on cities, units, but nothing looks working. (I also tried ALT+right click, and several others..)
What am I missing ?
I am using freeciv 2.4.0 beta2(GTK+client) under windows7.

Ricorico94
Sarilho1

Re: How to use the ingame Editor ?

Post by Sarilho1 »

It happened th same with me. There was a time that I could use that but I can't remember what I did.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Instead of clicking properties button, try to open properties dialog by middle-clicking on tile. Then the dialog lists everything on that tile. (Seems to also remember it so that if you close the dialog and then open it with the button, it still lists what was in last selected tile)
Sarilho1

Post by Sarilho1 »

cazfi wrote:Instead of clicking properties button, try to open properties dialog by middle-clicking on tile. Then the dialog lists everything on that tile. (Seems to also remember it so that if you close the dialog and then open it with the button, it still lists what was in last selected tile)
What do you mean by "middle-clicking on tile"?
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Sarilho1 wrote:
cazfi wrote:Instead of clicking properties button, try to open properties dialog by middle-clicking on tile. Then the dialog lists everything on that tile. (Seems to also remember it so that if you close the dialog and then open it with the button, it still lists what was in last selected tile)
What do you mean by "middle-clicking on tile"?
Use your middle mouse button.
~ AVL
Sarilho1

Post by Sarilho1 »

Oh! I don't use a mouse...
ifaesfu

Post by ifaesfu »

Then click left button and right button of the mouse pad at the same time, if you use it.