how to edit a "real world layout" scenario

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
sc0ttj

how to edit a "real world layout" scenario

Post by sc0ttj »

Hi guys,

Does anyone know the best basis or starting point for creating a scenario with the following features:

- map like a real world map (hagworld?)
- specific nations starting in their appropriate places (startpos_nations?), with appropriate gov types (?)
- multiple custom barbarian nations (clones of Barbarian nation, but modern versions)

I dont really understand the technology_vector and activities_vector, action_vector (etc) for a start...

It looks like hagworld contains the tile layout I want... But I've no idea how to start editing it..

The game settings I'd like to use is latest Freeciv, a slightly custom civ2civ3 ruleset, and the default tiles and what not ..

Thanks!
Ignatus
Elite

Re: how to edit a "real world layout" scenario

Post by Ignatus »

There is editing mode in Gtk clients where you can edit tiles, just load the scenario and activate it. The editor allows you also to place cities/units and edit what techs each nation has. Starting positions that you place in this mode are not bound to a specific nation so you probably just place units instead. I've answered on barbarians in another thread.
sc0ttj

Post by sc0ttj »

Oh ok .. I don't have the GTK client, only SDL2, it's a Mac build..

Damn .. No other way?

How did people make/edit scenarios before the gtk editor existed??
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

sc0ttj wrote:I dont really understand the technology_vector and activities_vector, action_vector (etc) for a start...
You won't want to touch those. In practice they store the information from the ruleset from the time game was saved, so it can convert correctly to the potentially updated ruleset at the time one loads the game.