Load units in ships

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
jpsm
Veteran

Load units in ships

Post by jpsm »

I'm experiencing a bug that only frigates can load ships and more advanced units do not so if I upgrade to Ironclad or Transport (if is it not for Transport why this name?) it can't load units. This is a lot annoying because interrupt my cities expansion after I get a bit more technological advanced. It would be interesting that more advanced ships too load units.
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Re: Load units in ships

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Frigates and Ironclads should be upgrading to Destroyers – the Galleon is the one that's upgraded to a Transport, and they should very much be able to transport units.

The exact specifics depend on which ruleset you're using, but you can generally check the in-game help browser for information like that – in the entry for Frigates, it should mention their transport capacity, as well as what they are obsoleted by.

But yeah, it's a bit weird for a unit to lose its carrying capacity as it's upgraded; again, this might be different in other rulesets.
~ AVL