Dual Monitor Issues

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
TechnoWolf

Dual Monitor Issues

Post by TechnoWolf »

Hello, I'm running Freeciv-2.6.2-win32-gtk3 on Windows 10 x64 with a dual monitor setup. My main monitor (#1) is 2560x1440, using windows scaling to 125%. My second monitor (#2) is 1920x1080 and not using windows scaling.
When I start Freeciv, the menu launches to monitor #2, so I drag it over to #1. When I select options, they open on #2, and I need to drag them over to #1. When in game, most in-game menu items work fine, but any parent items like exit game, etc. appear on #2.
No other games I've run on my system act this way. Is there a setting I'm missing? I've looked through the Freeciv config file in Notepad++ and searched for "monitor", "display", etc. but nothing relevant to this comes up. On the Freeciv FAQ, the only thing remotely relating is:
""cannot open display :0"
The Freeciv client is unable to open a window on your local X display. Are you running an X server at all? Maybe you need to install and run one, or switch to a Freeciv client that doesn't need X; see the previous question.
Is it possible to specify to Freeciv to use only "display 0" which would be #1 in my case?
Any assistance or suggestions appreciated.
louis94
Hardened

Re: Dual Monitor Issues

Post by louis94 »

This looks like a Gtk issue. Maybe you can try the Qt client.

The diplay thing is specific to Linux.