Blue/Purple Screen on New Android

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
javaxubuntu

Re: Blue/Purple Screen on New Android

Post by javaxubuntu »

I'm sorry, we did upload a broken APK to Google Play Store. This problem is fixed now. Also, the last release should fixes the permission problem. (it's not a perfect fix, the app still freezes if the user deny the permission when the app asks for it, but the app starts correctly as soon as the user allows the permission).
Now I'll work on the Blue/Purple Screen problem.
Last edited by javaxubuntu on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mjjunk

Post by mjjunk »

Yeah, the latest update allows the app to open and stay open now. Thanks for all your efforts!
javaxubuntu

Post by javaxubuntu »

Hi,
I've made a new beta release, and I would like to know if it fixes the blue screen problem.
mjjunk

Post by mjjunk »

I was excited to see the post, but unfortunately the blue/purple hue still persists.
javaxubuntu

Post by javaxubuntu »

I've no idea of what's happening. I need to know if this overlay appears on the splashscreen or on the main menu, or on other game screens. Is it a fullscreen overlay like this picture? (created with Gimp)
bug.png
Does this overlay vary depending on the element that is displayed?
mjjunk

Post by mjjunk »

Here are the sequence of events. I open the app. Splash screen shows up with normal colors for less than a second. Splash screen turns purple. Then home menu opens already purple.
mjjunk

Post by mjjunk »

It isnt a full screen issue either. I tried doing a split screen with another app and only the freeciv app is purple.
mjjunk

Post by mjjunk »

Attached screenshots using my old phone
Attachments
Purple blue screen issues
Purple blue screen issues
javaxubuntu

Post by javaxubuntu »

The problem is I don't know where this bug could come from, so I've removed some elements from the app and I would like to knwow if it changes anything. Note that the buttons have disapperared, it' no longer a working app, it's for testing purpose. Here is the apk I would like to test. Does it changes anything?
mjjunk

Post by mjjunk »

Sorry, it still has the problem. It appears about 1 second (of about 3) into the splash screen if that helps.