No Launcher

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
JackAttaxk

No Launcher

Post by JackAttaxk »

So, recently I downloaded freeciv on my computer. After I downloaded the newest version I extracted the files. But when I opened the extracted folder there was no launcher for the freeciv client. If someone could tell me what I need to do to get the freeciv client running that would be great.
JTN
Elite

Re: No Launcher

Post by JTN »

What kind of computer running what operating system, and what version of Freeciv?
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Re: No Launcher

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

What exactly did you download? For 2.6.0, compiled Windows binaries aren't available yet, so chances are you accidentally downloaded the source code, which you'd have to compile yourself.
Assuming you're on Windows, you could download one of the packages based on the newer framework that will become the standard for future Freeciv versions here – more information in this thread. Alternatively, you can wait until regular Windows packages for 2.6 are available.
If you're not on windows, chances are you'll have to compile it yourself. Guides on how to do that can be found on the wiki.
~ AVL