How to get city pop-up, select unit on Android?

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
SoloTBSer

How to get city pop-up, select unit on Android?

Post by SoloTBSer »

In the Android app, I'm unable to pop up the city details window, or select a unit to make it the current one. I've tried short, long and double tapping on both cities and units, but nothing happens. Is there a different way to access these functions, or have they not been implemented yet? This happens on both Chrome OS 66.0.3359.158 on a Google Pixelbook, and Android 8.1.0 on a Google Pixel C tablet. Any insight anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
javaxubuntu

Re: How to get city pop-up, select unit on Android?

Post by javaxubuntu »

Just do a single tap. If it doesn't work, there is a bug. If the map is too small, did you try to zoom? Please make sure you have the last update because the zoom function was broken on some devices and I had to make a second release to fix it.
If it still doesn't work, can you give more informations? Is it possible to drag the map? Do all the other buttons work?
Best regards.
SoloTBSer

Re: How to get city pop-up, select unit on Android?

Post by SoloTBSer »

javaxubuntu wrote:Just do a single tap. If it doesn't work, there is a bug. If the map is too small, did you try to zoom? Please make sure you have the last update because the zoom function was broken on some devices and I had to make a second release to fix it.
If it still doesn't work, can you give more informations? Is it possible to drag the map? Do all the other buttons work?
Best regards.
I have to zoom in a few levels, and then try tapping a few times, but I can select units and open the city window now. I have been installing updates as they become available. Dragging the map works well. The other buttons have been working, except that when I couldn't select a unit, I couldn't change its orders. Now that it looks like I can select a unit, that should solve the problem. Thank you for your help, and all your work on the app!