How to play a scenario with amplio2 in Freeciv 2.6 ?

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
javaxubuntu

How to play a scenario with amplio2 in Freeciv 2.6 ?

Post by javaxubuntu »

It seems that in version 2.5, differences between isometric and non-isometric rectangular tiles are display differences only, so that it is possible to load a non-isometric savegame with an isometric client.
In version 2.6, scenario savegames are non-isometric, so now the client automatically selects trident tileset.
Is it possible play a scenario with amplio2?
I've tried

Code: Select all

freeciv-gtk3 --tiles amplio2
but it still loads trident.
vodot
Veteran

Re: How to play a scenario with amplio2 in Freeciv 2.6 ?

Post by vodot »

javaxubuntu wrote:It seems that in version 2.5, differences between isometric and non-isometric rectangular tiles are display differences only, so that it is possible to load a non-isometric savegame with an isometric client.
In version 2.6, scenario savegames are non-isometric, so now the client automatically selects trident tileset.
Is it possible play a scenario with amplio2?
I've tried

Hi javaxubuntu, sorry nobody has responded yet- this is an issue that is being resolved in 2.6.1. As a workaround, assuming you've already set and saved your preferred tileset options in Client Options, start the server separately first with the command line option '-f path_to_your_*.sav_here', then set the topology you want with server commands, and THEN join the server from the client. See issue# 685235 for discussion, and this topic for more discussion.
javaxubuntu

Post by javaxubuntu »

Thank you for your response. There is no need to start the server separately, but I had to force the value "amplio2" even if it was not proposed by the list.
f.png
(and for your information I'm Pierre R who added a comment to the bug report)
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

javaxubuntu wrote:I've tried

-> Bug #765923