Major Sound Issues

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Major Sound Issues

Post by GriffonSpade »

Windows 7 user.
2.5.4:
GTK2 & Qt: Changing soundset in game does not work. Game must be restarted to use new soundset. (Not plugin, but the soundsets themselves)

2.6-r33044
First off, no easy half-volume buttons for music or sound. (Sometimes the music overpowers the sound effects)
Qt: Changing soundset in game does not work. Game must be restarted to use new soundset. (Not plugin, but the soundsets themselves)Qt: Changing musicset BREAKS soundset. Game must be restarted to hear soundset again.
There's no 'none' option for sound or music either. (Which would work as mute buttons)
GTK2: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library gives me a runtime error some time after built-in server starts. Same deal with connecting to a localhost server. Because there's no 'none' option for music, I can't even check sound.
[This application has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.]
dunnoob
Elite

Re: Major Sound Issues

Post by dunnoob »

Maybe related, on exit after playing for some time and doing nothing for hours r32928 tried to play the intro music, ending up as hanging (could not really play music while it was busy to quit, could not really quit while it was busy to play the intro music.)

I cannot reproduce it immediately after a fresh start (new game, no waiting with other unrelated audio activities.)
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

GriffonSpade wrote:Because there's no 'none' option for music
It might be because I don't get what exactly you want, but what's wrong with enable/disable options for "Sound effects", "Menu Music", and "In-game Music"
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

cazfi wrote:
GriffonSpade wrote:Because there's no 'none' option for music
It might be because I don't get what exactly you want, but what's wrong with enable/disable options for "Sound effects", "Menu Music", and "In-game Music"
Well, I feel a little stupid on that count. Right in front of my face and I didn't even see it.

Here's a revised list, then.

Windows 7 user.
2.5.4 & 2.6 r33044:
GTK2 & Qt: Changing soundset in game does not work. Game must be restarted to use new soundset. (Not plugin, but the soundsets themselves)

2.6-r33044
First off, no easy half-volume buttons for music or sound. (Sometimes the music overpowers the sound effects, likewise someone might find the sound a bit grating, but still want it.)
Qt: Changing musicset BREAKS soundset. Game must be restarted to hear soundset again.
Qt: Enabling music doesn't automatically start music if it was off when the client was started. (After changing musicset it then starts, likewise turning it off then back on again works fine. Furthermore, it works perfectly if musicset was active when starting the client.)
GTK2: Musicset causes: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library gives me a runtime error some time after built-in server starts. Same deal with connecting to a localhost server. [This application has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.]
GTK2: Musicset doesn't work if you unmute it while playing(Only surprising in that it doesn't immediately crash instead). If active when you leave game, it crashes.