How to use Freeland (big) tileset? How to enable sound?

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
dunnoob
Elite

Re: How to use Freeland (big) tileset? How to enable sound?

Post by dunnoob »

Arbogast wrote: And then, what does QT means ? You know, I'm just a lonesome player...
Qt, the wiki is not more hopeless as in 2013, but admittedly it still sucks, unless you have an account to get rid of its default layout with ads.

An ordinary one-time throw-away public mailinator address is good enough to create a wiki account for the confirmation mail, same idea as here (forum account) or on Gna! (bug report + patch account). Then go to my preferences and on the first tab my info under Appearance pick Layout: MonoBook (no ads, no nonsense, as much like wikipedia as possible.) On the second tab Email disable the email notifications, you are not going to read whatever goes to the public one-time throw-away mail account when you don't expect an immediate mail.

Do not connect Facebook. Do not use real names. Do not use real mail addresses. Do not publish your gender or birthday. Your birth year is this year - 21 if you intend to discuss weapons, drugs, or sex; otherwise this year - 18 should be good enough. Do not try this year - 12 or less, the account would have to be closed. Do not state your country, religion, credit card, other accounts, or preferred colour no matter why anybody asks. Do not use a password remotely related to any really precious account password. :ugeek:
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

Arbogast wrote:Does that mean that QT is more reliable than the GTKs ?
In fact, does Qt works in Windows ? And then, what does QT means ? You know, I'm just a lonesome player...
I've no idea what Qt stands for either. I've found it to be rather elegant though.
Only issues are that:
1) No editor mode
2) Issues, at least for me, with joining a separate server (at least when it's localhost, don't know about internet). Issue is detailed in link, and any contribution to that could help.
http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=859
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Qt has longish history and it has passed through multiple owner companies (originally it was made by Norwegian Trolltech), so I can't tell what it stands for, other than to be pronounced "cute".
http://www.qt.io/

As for new S2_6 build, I'm doing one just now, from r33170. It takes long time to get all installer packages produced, but I upload each of them as soon as possible. Gtk3-client installer is already there: http://download.gna.org/freeciv/package ... ha+r33170/
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

Thank you gentlemen...
What I meant was whether QT is for Linux or Windows, and I got my answer.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Arbogast wrote:What I meant was whether QT is for Linux or Windows, and I got my answer.
As you can see from the test builds I've made available, all freeciv clients except xaw are buildable for Windows (I don't claim them all to be available, as for example no gtk3-client build of any freeciv release has been made officially available). So, for freeciv-2.5, Windows versions can be built of gtk2-, gtk3-, Qt-, and sdl-clients. For freeciv-2.6 gtk2-, gtk3-, Qt-, sdl-, and sdl2-clients are buildable for Windows (sdl2-client as a new one). For freeciv-3.0 gtk2-, gtk3-, gtk3x-, Qt-, and sdl2-clients are buildable for Windows (sdl-client dropped, gtk3x-client as a new one). All these assuming msys1 environment as msys2 environment still lacks dependencies required by any other clients than gtk3 and gtk3x.
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

cazfi wrote: could you check if text "x-navi-animation" is present in any freeland file (freeland.tilespec or any .spec file inside its directory)
No luck:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\sysop\AppData\Roaming\.freeciv\2.6>ygrep

Usage: ygrep.rex pattern [files]

Double quote pattern as needed.  Default files: *.txt
 To scan *.txt files in the current working directory
 and all subdirectories use *\*.txt.  This is only a
 hack to get Windows NT FINDSTR option /S in addition
 to /I (case insensitive) and /R (regular expression).

C:\Users\sysop\AppData\Roaming\.freeciv\2.6>ygrep x-navi-animation *\*
999 civtest.log: 3: in fileinfoname() [../../../../utility/shared.c::1318]: Cou

C:\Users\sysop\AppData\Roaming\.freeciv\2.6>