Errors when compiled from source

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
bard
Veteran

Errors when compiled from source

Post by bard »

Lately, when I compile trunk version, and I use ./fcgui to launch the game, it fails with this error:

Code: Select all

./client/freeciv-gtk2: error while loading shared libraries: libMagickWand.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I have verified that libMagickWand is installed in my system, and the game works without problems when I use make install and I launch the installed version. But fcgui, that I find useful for debugging, is still not working.

When I use fcgui with S2_6, then the game works, but it reports this error:

(freeciv-gtk2:8241): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
I have verified that GLib is installed, and I get the same error when I use gtk2 or gtk3 clients:

Built against gtk+ 2.24.28, using 2.24.28
Built against glib 2.46.2, using 2.46.2
Kubuntu 15.10
KDE Plasma 5.4.2
Do you know what could be the problem, or the solution?
cazfi
Elite

Re: Errors when compiled from source

Post by cazfi »

bard wrote:Lately, when I compile trunk version, and I use ./fcgui to launch the game, it fails with this error:

./client/freeciv-gtk2: error while loading shared libraries: libMagickWand.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Gtk2-client has been dropped from trunk. So if you still have a binary called freeciv-gtk2, it's an very old compilation that has not been removed (unfortunately autotools are not smart enough to remove something that is no longer being built, and it's not getting overwritten with a newer version as there isn't one)
bard
Veteran

Re: Errors when compiled from source

Post by bard »

Thank you very much, my trunk compilation is working now that I removed all old files. I didn't realize that revert and autogen was not enough to get a clean install.