Where I can get playable local gtk client of freeciv 2.6.0+?

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
RsXT.2

Where I can get playable local gtk client of freeciv 2.6.0+?

Post by RsXT.2 »

How to hide this elements of interface? This empty space in all GTK versions of Freeciv 2.6, 2.92.99, and 3.0.99. Is this bug?

And also: Where I can get local client which use freeciv version and webperimental rulesets from freeciv-web?

sorry for my english
mir3x
Veteran

Re: Where I can get playable local gtk client of freeciv 2.6.0+?

Post by mir3x »

enjoy gtk3 :D
RsXT.2

Post by RsXT.2 »

There no way to fix it? Bad, I like it more than laggy sdl-client...
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Looks to me like the Vote bar, which is displayed in multiplayer when someone petitions to change a server setting on the fly. Try Game → Options → Local Client → Graphics → "Always display the vote bar".

EDIT: Just checked, if I enable it, it's the same. No idea why it's displayed like that.
~ AVL
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

RsXT.2 wrote:And also: Where I can get local client which use freeciv version and webperimental rulesets from freeciv-web?
The webperimental ruleset is currently not available through the modpack installer tool. This makes installing it a bit more complicated. I can explain how you do it if you'll answer some questions.

What operating system (Windows, OS X, Debian GNU∕Linux, Ubuntu, etc) do you use? Do you already have a build of Freeciv 3.0 or Freeciv 3.1? If yes: do you know what revision it was? Did you compile it yourself or did you download a build from somewhere? If you compiled it your self: did you download the code from our version control system (currently SVN + unofficial mirrors in other systems)?
RsXT.2

Post by RsXT.2 »

Thanks Caedo, disabling vote bar helped me :)
sveinung wrote:
RsXT.2 wrote:And also: Where I can get local client which use freeciv version and webperimental rulesets from freeciv-web?
The webperimental ruleset is currently not available through the modpack installer tool. This makes installing it a bit more complicated. I can explain how you do it if you'll answer some questions.

What operating system (Windows, OS X, Debian GNU∕Linux, Ubuntu, etc) do you use? Do you already have a build of Freeciv 3.0 or Freeciv 3.1? If yes: do you know what revision it was? Did you compile it yourself or did you download a build from somewhere? If you compiled it your self: did you download the code from our version control system (currently SVN + unofficial mirrors in other systems)?
Local webperimental would be very cool!

I'm using 2.6, 2.92.99, and 3.0.99 gtk-clients from this place http://download.gna.org/freeciv/package ... ler_msys2/ on Windows 10 x64.

Okay, I understand, I need compile local client for all up-to-date features and fixes. I will try it.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

RsXT.2 wrote:I'm using 2.6, 2.92.99, and 3.0.99 gtk-clients from this place http://download.gna.org/freeciv/package ... ler_msys2/ on Windows 10 x64.
To find out what revision of Freeciv you have in "Help" -> "About Freeciv". Based on your link you probably have r34810 or r34953. I don't think the ruleset format has changed since then. I therefore think that downloading the most recent version of webperimental and placing its files in the correct location would be enough. Let me know if you need help. (I'm not a Windows user myself. One of the Windows users on the forum may know better than I where the files should be placed. But I can help you get webperimental etc)