Error Recalling Save

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
trollykins

Error Recalling Save

Post by trollykins »

Can't seem to load saved games, although they show in the saved games list. I'm using chrome. "Loading game failed (simpleStorage)"
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Error Recalling Save

Post by AndreasR »

Hi there,

I will add some better debugging to the next version of Freeciv-web, so that it will be easier to debug savegame problems.

Does this problem happen every time you try to load a savegame? Can you please try to start a new game on Freeciv-web, then save the game, exit, and try to load the game again?

Did you use the exact same username when you saved as when you are trying to load it?

Andreas
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Error Recalling Save

Post by AndreasR »

trollykins wrote:Can't seem to load saved games, although they show in the saved games list. I'm using chrome. "Loading game failed (simpleStorage)"
Hi again trollykins,

I have released a new version on http://play.freeciv.org which will give some more debugging information.
Could you please tell me which error message you get when loading the savegame now?

Could you please save and load the game again, and copy the text in the Javascript console in your web-browser, since this information
will be useful to debug this problem further.

Which version of Google Chrome are you using?

Andreas